Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to do diplomacy and international relations and the only course I can find on this is at some uni in London (that I forget the name of, oops) and the entry requirement is BBC / 240 UCAS points. My predicted grades are AAAA at 480 points and everyone is telling me to apply for oxbridge or one of the russell group, but I really like the look of this course.

If I'm going to get around 480 points, should I even consider going somewhere where the requirement is about half the number of my points?

ReputationRep:
    Well if that's the only Uni/College that runs that course, no? If that's what you want to do, you want to find the best course. If that's the only one, then either reconsider your options or just go with that university in London.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, even if you like it there are reasons why the req. is so low. I mean you can apply there if you want, but maybe do some research and I'm sure you will find other courses which you like the look of too.

ReputationRep:
    why can't you apply to a normal IR/Politics course?

ReputationRep:
    If your goal is to become a diplomat/politician, you'll be much better off doing a normal politics/IR course at a better university.

You should probably do a bit of research on the requirements of your chosen career

ReputationRep:
    you get to apply to 5 so just include it in your options, maybe put it as insurance

ReputationRep:
    Which uni is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rflxvvrbs)
    I want to do diplomacy and international relations and the only course I can find on this is at some uni in London (that I forget the name of, oops) and the entry requirement is BBC / 240 UCAS points. My predicted grades are AAAA at 480 points and everyone is telling me to apply for oxbridge or one of the russell group, but I really like the look of this course.

If I'm going to get around 480 points, should I even consider going somewhere where the requirement is about half the number of my points?
    If its the one at London Met then I've just had a look at the course content and its so similar to the straight International Relations course I studied, so do look at other IR courses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.