clement345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am taking maths chemistry history and politics A-Level as well as physics AS and I am looking to do economics at uni. I didn't take it to A Level however but looking to do an EPQ in economics. Here is what I'll apply for:
Oxford (PPE)
Exeter (Economics)
Bristol(Politics and economics)
LSE(politics and economics)
Southampton (Politics and economics)

Or any other uni with just economics e.g Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, kent
username1208193
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't have to have taken Economics at A Level to do Economics in University. I think Economic knowledge is valued but not specified on the course profiles. All depends on your grades I suppose. I'm also doing an EPQ in Economics, however I'm taking Economics anyway so.

Edit: I'm studying Maths w/ Statistics, Economics, Business and Philosophy at AS currently. I want to study Economics/Business at university and go into Investment Banking if possible.
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In case you didn't know, no university requires you to have taken Economics at A-level
clement345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Mayhem™)
In case you didn't know, no university requires you to have taken Economics at A-level
So I wouldn't be at a disadvantage? Would I look bad to different applicants or would I have as much chance then. Also are my other subjects good for it? Thanks
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by clement345)
So I wouldn't be at a disadvantage? Would I looks bad to different applicants or would I have as much chance then. Also are my other subjects good for it? Thanks
Yep, no disadvantage at all As long as you do well in your subjects(most importantly maths), you should be more than fine
samiz20891
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by clement345)
So I wouldn't be at a disadvantage? Would I look bad to different applicants or would I have as much chance then. Also are my other subjects good for it? Thanks
As long as you have Maths at a level, you should be able to get into a Bsc Economics course and some BA Economics course may not need A level maths. However, the key normally is that maths is taken to an A level standard.
Rajive
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SubZero~)
You don't have to have taken Economics at A Level to do Economics in University. I think Economic knowledge is valued but not specified on the course profiles. All depends on your grades I suppose. I'm also doing an EPQ in Economics, however I'm taking Economics anyway so.

Edit: I'm studying Maths w/ Statistics, Economics, Business and Philosophy at AS currently. I want to study Economics/Business at university and go into Investment Banking if possible.
What universities do you want to apply to?
Jamie S
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Current LSE Government and Economics student if you have any questions!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (23)
27.38%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
9.52%
No I am happy with my choice (48)
57.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (5)
5.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed