Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got U In Biology Mock? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, we got our papers back and for the B3 Unit I got a U. 14/60 I think.
    4 months to turn this to an A or B
    Is that even possible?

ReputationRep:
    Did you do well in other units? If so, then it's just a case of working on your weaknesses.

ReputationRep:
    it is possible, just revise the entire B3 topic in the CGP books and practice by using past papers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Do more revision and practice. I got a U in my geography mock at AS and in the final exam I got an A. Also had some C's and D's in other subjects throughout the year and got straight A's.

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in my Biology mock revising one night before but I naturally grasp the content quite quick. Just revise through revision guides and do past papers. This is the key to success. If you are struggling with triple science drop down to double you have to learn much less content and it's fairly respected as well. It's better to have a AA in double then BBB in triple.

ReputationRep:
    I would say you can definitely improve on that if you are motivated to do the extra work!

Try doing past paper questions, ask your teacher to go through them with you. watch videos on youtube with the content on, sometimes different forms of the information can help you understand it better! Also the revision app Gojimo is really good!!

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting dropped...

ReputationRep:
    Entirely possible. Identify your weakness and ask for extra support from your teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    I'm getting dropped...
    what do you mean you're getting dropped?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    ooh thats a harsh grade boundary. i guess my exam board is either so hard or people who take it are so dumb that they lower it to 32/60 for A* LOOL and 14/60 would be D probs
    but for me i would do more past papers and look at how the answers are written in the mark scheme, learn the way of the exam and you'll get the hang of it, nothing should be completely new from past papers, they either use the same topics or recycle the old question and put them into a different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I got a B in my Biology mock revising one night before but I naturally grasp the content quite quick. Just revise through revision guides and do past papers. This is the key to success. If you are struggling with triple science drop down to double you have to learn much less content and it's fairly respected as well. It's better to have a AA in double then BBB in triple.
    Major Key!
    #AnotherOne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    what do you mean you're getting dropped?
    Dropped from Triple science...I had to speak to an SLT member and they said they it would be better if I did double but when I spoke to my class teacher he said everything is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Dropped from Triple science...I had to speak to an SLT member and they said they it would be better if I did double but when I spoke to my class teacher he said everything is fine.
    Get your class teacher to speak with the SLT member in order to prove your case, revise harder, perhaps ask if it's possible to do another paper and revise for that. Don't give up if you feel you're capable of doing well at the end of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drinktheoceans)
    Get your class teacher to speak with the SLT member in order to prove your case, revise harder, perhaps ask if it's possible to do another paper and revise for that. Don't give up if you feel you're capable of doing well at the end of the year.
    Nearly February now what are my chances of getting an A if I start tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Major Key!
    #AnotherOne
    The exam boards don't want you to win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Tbh if I were you I'd do double - it's less work

better to get AA in double than AAC or ABB in triple you know?
    I guess it helps a tiny bit with the start to A levels but not much tbh the people who did double science who are in A levels with us now are on the same page as us so don't worry about that

Maybe the advantage to triple is if you're really good at science it might be one of the extra As/A*s in your collection of GCSEs when applying to uni but that's it :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Tbh if I were you I'd do double - it's less work

better to get AA in double than AAC or ABB in triple you know?
    I guess it helps a tiny bit with the start to A levels but not much tbh the people who did double science who are in A levels with us now are on the same page as us so don't worry about that

Maybe the advantage to triple is if you're really good at science it might be one of the extra As/A*s in your collection of GCSEs when applying to uni but that's it :3
    Exactly, that's the thing I like about it the sixth form i'm applying you need 7 GCSEs. And also I just want to prove that guy wrong he's basically saying i've got not hope. He said i'll get E's and a C again. WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Nearly February now what are my chances of getting an A if I start tomorrow?
    we had an examboard change that year from iGCSE to AQA - different syllabus, different exam style questions, *****y teachers
    our teachers told us there was no way we'd finish the spec, they didn't have time to teach us and we're ****ed

I started revision just before Easter
    and came out with AA*A in triple science core, additional and further additional with As and A*s in all of my modules including coursework (except a B in C3 ¬_¬)

And so did a bunch of other people who started later than me and did much less revision

but I also ended up with 3Bs and 3Cs because I spent all my time on science and didn't have time to revise for the others

there's PLENTTYYYYY of time left don't worry bout it :3

watch the mygcsescience vids, use the CGP guides and make notes from the specification
    good luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Exactly, that's the thing I like about it the sixth form i'm applying you need 7 GCSEs. And also I just want to prove that guy wrong he's basically saying i've got not hope. He said i'll get E's and a C again. WTF?
    Oh right
    yeah prove him wrong! I had As for all my predicted grades for science, did some mock test and got like 10% in it in like January of year 11 x'D
    Teacher told me that he would never believe those were my predicted grades and I'd never dream of getting that ;_;

got AA*A and slapped that ***** x'D

ReputationRep:
    HEYYYYY,

basically if u wanna do well u will do well there is nothing to stop you. but getting A*/A/B AIN'T gonna be easy.

personally, i don't think getting dropped is a bright idea as what subject do you plan to just pick up half way through the year!

my best mate, was not the brightest in maths like in the end of year 10 (2015) he was on D-/E+ . but he put in so much work. when to teachers after school, timed himself on maths papers and went to the library by himself so he don't get distracted. he worked so much. and i swear to god he is the SMARTEST person in maths in my entire year. not just makeing this up. he is on A*. getting 96% and 98% on every test!
    just goes to show if u work hard and be persistent u can achieve any grade u want.

why dont u try going to the library with smart people in ur class maybe.

hope this helped
    sahra xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.