Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Clara's road to AS-level success! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to get my blog going and hopefully (fingers crossed) get some motivation to stop procrastinating and actually do some work!! GAH!

Anyway.

My goals are to get 4As at AS-level in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and History as well as an A or A* in my EPQ which I'm hoping to have my first draft finished by the end of February half term!! QUICK! Whilst I do all this I hope to finish Young Enterprise and then enter for the exam you can take to get extra UCAS points once we have finished our product. And also to get 3A*s at the end of the Y13 to go on to study Mathematics at University! Mainly my goal is to be able to revise calmly, little and often so I DON'T PANIC! Oh look I'm off to a bad start already.....

Currently my predicted grades are all A's but we are getting our mock results back in 1 week time on Thursday so we will see how it goes! If it goes disastrously we can take it as motivation to do better and if it goes well we can celebrate!!!!
    Wish me luck and I'll keep you updated!

ReputationRep:
    Go For it! I'm a maths student too.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely will! I'm actually feeling really motivated today actually! I've done my evaluation of my EPQ questionnaire, some Young Enterprise Website updates as well as all my homework!
    It seems to be working!!
    How about you? How is maths going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaraGrant34)
    I definitely will! I'm actually feeling really motivated today actually! I've done my evaluation of my EPQ questionnaire, some Young Enterprise Website updates as well as all my homework!
    It seems to be working!!
    How about you? How is maths going?
    Math's is alright this year. I'm retaking AS Maths after I dropped out last year. My teacher told me I would never get a pass But now I'm doing really well at it so it just goes to show that you can do whatever you put your mind to!
    I'm currently going through some past papers for core one now that we've finished the module

Good luck girl! I’m sure you’ll do really well

I take Maths, FM and Physics from your subjects so please hit me up if you need any help x

ReputationRep:
    Same subjects as you, except I am not atking history. I also have similar goals, although I may actually apply for engineering rather than matsh but I am postponing a decision for the time being.

Best of luck in your endeavours!

ReputationRep:
    I'm very impressed with your subject choices.
    I did Maths, I survived at AS but something clearly went wrong at A2.
    I wanted to do History but didn't have the guts.
    Physics destroyed me and I didn't even consider further Maths...

But you sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders and good goals! I wish you the best of luck and I hope the mocks go well

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Guys! Definitely will need the luck!

(Original post by Bhansongal98)
    Math's is alright this year. I'm retaking AS Maths after I dropped out last year. My teacher told me I would never get a pass But now I'm doing really well at it so it just goes to show that you can do whatever you put your mind to!
    I'm currently going through some past papers for core one now that we've finished the module
    Glad your doing okay! I know a couple of people in my class doing the same thing in Y13 but definitely prove your teacher wrong! I know you can do it and we'll get there together!!!
    That's a good idea I have just finished the core 1 module as well and we are half way through core 2 and stats in my Maths class!

Further though seems to be going better than I first thought and my favourite modules have started to be moved around! At the start of the year I was really enjoying FP1 and Stats but I'm starting to really enjoy D2, NM and still FP1! I really didn't like D1 tho because it took a long time but wasn't as mathematical whereas D2 includes much more mathematics and it takes a long time so it's challenging but rewarding.

I've done all my homework for this week already and I only have 2 lessons tomorrow so YAY!! But with EPQ we're having 'fun times' I'm just not doing it and I have until after half term to get 5000 words done! I've done my questionnaire though and started to analyse my results so at least that is something. I also have a general plan and slightly altered my question. I also have a presentation to finish before next Friday for our Oxbridge meetings/experience thing and I'm just not motivated to do it! 1. It isn't something I'm interested in It's law which is :poo: but I think it was more to develop our research methods rather than doing a topic that is extremely interesting to us or useful Not that I'm saying law isn't good but it just isn't my cup of tea. Saying that though I did actually want to do law last year at university but I started to develop a passion for maths in Y11! I'd always found it fun but just wasn't enjoying it in lessons until suddenly everything just clicked!!

Unfortunately though this does mean I will have no time do any Core 3/4 revision until probably after February half term as I want those mastered before the beginning of next year and I'm going to try and do a MAT question or two this weekend to just get my brain in a mathematical mindset!

I am hoping - in the summer holidays- to make sure all my revision notes are up to date and that I'm 100% confident in all of my notes this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsqueen)
    Good luck girl! I’m sure you’ll do really well

I take Maths, FM and Physics from your subjects so please hit me up if you need any help x
    Thank You! :banana2:
    I will if I need help and I probably will with Physics and FM if my mock was anything to go by. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaraGrant34)
    Thanks Guys! Definitely will need the luck!

Glad your doing okay! I know a couple of people in my class doing the same thing in Y13 but definitely prove your teacher wrong! I know you can do it and we'll get there together!!!
    That's a good idea I have just finished the core 1 module as well and we are half way through core 2 and stats in my Maths class!

Further though seems to be going better than I first thought and my favourite modules have started to be moved around! At the start of the year I was really enjoying FP1 and Stats but I'm starting to really enjoy D2, NM and still FP1! I really didn't like D1 tho because it took a long time but wasn't as mathematical whereas D2 includes much more mathematics and it takes a long time so it's challenging but rewarding.

I've done all my homework for this week already and I only have 2 lessons tomorrow so YAY!! But with EPQ we're having 'fun times' I'm just not doing it and I have until after half term to get 5000 words done! I've done my questionnaire though and started to analyse my results so at least that is something. I also have a general plan and slightly altered my question. I also have a presentation to finish before next Friday for our Oxbridge meetings/experience thing and I'm just not motivated to do it! 1. It isn't something I'm interested in It's law which is :poo: but I think it was more to develop our research methods rather than doing a topic that is extremely interesting to us or useful Not that I'm saying law isn't good but it just isn't my cup of tea. Saying that though I did actually want to do law last year at university but I started to develop a passion for maths in Y11! I'd always found it fun but just wasn't enjoying it in lessons until suddenly everything just clicked!!

Unfortunately though this does mean I will have no time do any Core 3/4 revision until probably after February half term as I want those mastered before the beginning of next year and I'm going to try and do a MAT question or two this weekend to just get my brain in a mathematical mindset!

I am hoping - in the summer holidays- to make sure all my revision notes are up to date and that I'm 100% confident in all of my notes this year

Don't worry - Law isn't my subject either :P
    I found D1 exactly as you said! It's so tedious and just the tiniest mistake screws up your entire algorithm.
    Good luck friend!

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished my YE website!!
    goseediscover.net
    Not spamming I promise It's just my baby!! I did it and I'm so happy. Going to do some more selling for YE tomorrow and then I've only got 1 homework left for this weekend!
    Hoping to do some more analysis for EPQ- I only have questionnaire left to hand out and I'll probably just give that to my cousin or something. Then I will have handed out all my questtionaires and can properly start analysing results.

ReputationRep:
    I've not done so well this weekend! I have done my History notes but haven't done my History homework or any of my EPQ. I only have three weeks left to complete it but I just seem to have lost all motivation or I'm really tired! The clock is ticking!! :/
    This week I'll have to complete
    - Analysis of my Questionnaire results
    - Complete all my section starters
    - Start my actual EPQ with new question which I need to send to me at school

When I have finished I then need to go back and edit it! I just need a base to start my finished piece from!!

ReputationRep:
    Back on it again,
    It's been a busy couple of weeks I tell you that! I had an EPQ deadline that I almost missed, homework has been piling up on top of me and I have started a new job.
    My EPQ has finally been finished the sources and references just need tweaking now and then I'll be all done - hopefully before Easter. I have written over 10,000 words and largely in part of me doing little over the February half-term the deadlines have been coming thick and fast and sometimes I haven't been able to keep up.
    Homework has also had a similar problem but actually I am now getting that back under control even all my other modules.
    My revision has also started and my study planner is all ready to go for the next 8 weeks until my first exam . I don't really want to think about it to be honest but I have been trying to make my revision notes pretty so they are all nice and organised and I actually want to use them when that particular exam comes. The best way I have found of doing this is getting a plain notebook - one for each subject I take and then writing my revision notes in pretty colours! I can then doodle around them when I am bored and when I am reading them subconsciously! It also means that I can set a target of just learning a page and then rewarding myself with some colouring which is so nice to do!!
    My mind set though from GCSE has completely shifted! At GCSE at this times I was frantically revising whereas now at A-level I seem to have become lax!! I don't know why and I think that is what is making me the most stressed! I NEED SOME MOTIVATION!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!
    And phew okay freak out over now lets get on and do some actual work! (maybe...)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.