Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do employers want to see my degree transcript? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I did a journalism course but it took my 5 years to complete it and I got 2:2. I failed. my second and third year so I had to repeat them as part time.

The reason why it took my 5 years, instead of 3 years, it's because of my mental health. I suffer from depression and I have all my life. I even attempted to take my own life.

Do a lot employer ask to see your transcript or just the degree certificate itself?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaFukRU)
    I did a journalism course but it took my 5 years to complete it and I got 2:2. I failed. my second and third year so I had to repeat them as part time.

The reason why it took my 5 years, instead of 3 years, it's because of my mental health. I suffer from depression and I have all my life. I even attempted to take my own life.

Do a lot employer ask to see your transcript or just the degree certificate itself?
    Some employers will want to see your transcript, but most will be happy with just the certificate. However, you'll still have to put that your degree took 5 years on your CV, otherwise you'll have a massive gap which will look even worse. If you explain that you completed years 2-3 part time due to health issues, employers shouldn't be too bothered by the fact that your degree took longer than usual to complete.

That said, you may have to deal with questions about how you would cope with a full time job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.