Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anika98)
    call them and ask best way to get your answers
    Hi, Anika. nice to get a response. Can i ask if you were accepted by lancaster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor.M)
    Hi, Anika. nice to get a response. Can i ask if you were accepted by lancaster?
    no i didnt, ichanged my mind about medicine didnt want to do it after, are u interested in dking medicine?

ReputationRep:
    no i didnt, ichanged my mind about medicine didnt want to do it after, are u interested in dking medicine?
    yes i'm very interested, in fact dying to do it. but it seems near enough impossible. . it's like any uni that will accept me, i will go, even if it's in the scottish highlands.
    what course are you doing and where?

ReputationRep:
    My biggest problem is that I retook my as-year, so i am basically spending 3 years at college and (medical) unis hate that.

ReputationRep:
    My biggest problem is that I retook my as-year, so i am basically spending 3 years at college and (medical) unis hate that.
    okay im going to be straight up with you but unis dont accept retakes for med or so i have heard BUT there is brighton university who do accept retakes but onky if you have the grades, also retaking as isnt that major but idont know ask the unis you want to go to, also there are many other ways to get into med for example st georges has a scheme where you stduy biomedicine for 2 years and then if you get a first in the two years then u get to sit an interview for there medicak course i already know someone who got in through this way, also there are access courses where the medicine course has a foundation year so 6 years in total and the entry requirements are much lower so theres another way

ReputationRep:
    okay im going to be straight up with you but unis dont accept retakes for med or so i have heard BUT there is brighton university who do accept retakes but onky if you have the grades, also retaking as isnt that major but idont know ask the unis you want to go to, also there are many other ways to get into med for example st georges has a scheme where you stduy biomedicine for 2 years and then if you get a first in the two years then u get to sit an interview for there medicak course i already know someone who got in through this way, also there are access courses where the medicine course has a foundation year so 6 years in total and the entry requirements are much lower so theres another way
    what course are you studying now?

ReputationRep:
    what course are you studying now?

im taking a gap year before i go to uni only because i made the mistake of choosing to do med when ididnt want to and ended up not getting in, have a good think about if u want to do it or not like are you actually into it or dont bother because if it isnt whats truly in your heart then u wont get in because when interviews come around youll not do so well since interviewers can see straight through you

BUT

if you do decide to do it then feel free to ask any questions

ReputationRep:
    I did apply for this course last year, got rejected because I have done a Diploma before, I got accepted to Durham foundation and now going into year 1. Unfortunately Durham are stopping the course but if you have interest in medicine don't let this put you down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I know this sounds stupid and I really want to apply, but according to Lancaster's fact sheet on their website, you need to have 15 points for your first 9 GCSEs. A* or A= 2 points, and B= 1 point. I have a total of 14 points. is there no chance that i will get accepted? i really desperately wanted to get onto this course, and i meet all of the other requirements.
    Wasn't that for people who applied directly to medicine? For foundation you only need 10 points i think but check again to make sure. Gd luck

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone do in bmat? i did awful.

ReputationRep:
    4.1 4.3 3a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahCroydon)
    4.1 4.3 3a
    Thats so good - i got 4.0 3.0 and 3a so i did awful. Are you a school leaver?

ReputationRep:
    I did pretty bad as well (4-3.4-2A) but, considering my school almost didn't allow me to take the bmat until i convinced them like a week before, it's not too shabby

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray_029)
    I did pretty bad as well (4-3.4-2A) but, considering my school almost didn't allow me to take the bmat until i convinced them like a week before, it's not too shabby

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats so good! what are you gcses and predicted grades? And whereelse have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihiheyheyhey)
    thats so good! what are you gcses and predicted grades? And whereelse have you applied to?
    Thx. I applied to UEA and Kings for foundation med as well and I'm predicted ABB. My GCSE's were pretty average as well. I really don't think I'm going to get in this year but we'll see....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihiheyheyhey)
    Thats so good - i got 4.0 3.0 and 3a so i did awful. Are you a school leaver?
    Yes I'm school leaver
    When do they let us know if we are rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray_029)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why did your school not let you?
    That's not right

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm school leaver
    When do they let us know if we are rejected?
    same here. where else did you apply? and know idea, i have no offers or rejections yet from anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    Southampton Notts and Kings

ReputationRep:
    Why did your school not let you?
    That's not right
    Because it's a big risk since u apply before u get ur results and it's a very difficult test so, coming from a below average skl, it was unlikely i'd get a gd result

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.