Chittesh14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello guys, here is my blog on my progress of my GCSE Grades.
First of all, I took part in this competition of 'Grow your grades' to actually share my progress, techniques, skills with others and also to collaborate with others!

I am aiming for mostly all A*'s in my GCSEs, obviously aim for the highest. I don't know why I think i'll never get it, just usually am lazy and pessimistic.

Here are a list of the GCSEs I've taken:
  • GCSE Maths (Completed - A*)
  • GCSE English Language
  • GCSE English Literature
  • GCSE Physics - Triple Science
  • GCSE Chemistry - Triple Science
  • GCSE Biology - Triple Science
  • GCSE RE
  • GCSE Computer Science
  • GCSE Graphics
  • GCSE Geography
Target Grades (Calculated from KS3 Sats Results) and Projected Grades:
  • GCSE Maths (Target) - Grade B (Projected) - got Grade A*
  • GCSE English (Target) - Grade C (Projected) - Grade C1
  • GCSE English Literature: (Target) - Grade C (Projected) - Grade C1
  • GCSE Chemistry (Target) - Grade B (Projected) - Grade A
  • GCSE Physics (Target) - Grade B (Projected) - Grade A
  • GCSE Biology (Target) - Grade B (Projected) - Grade A
  • GCSE RE (Target) - Grade B (Projected) - Grade A
  • GCSE Computer Science (Target) - Grade B (Projected) - Grade A
  • GCSE Graphics (Target) - Grade C (Projected) - Grade E
  • GCSE Geography (Target) - Grade B (Projected) - Grade B
Exam Boards for Each GCSE:
  • GCSE Maths - Edexcel A (Linear)
  • GCSE English Language - AQA
  • GCSE English Literature - AQA
  • GCSE Physics - Triple Science - OCR B
  • GCSE Chemistry - Triple Science - OCR B
  • GCSE Biology - Triple Science - OCR B
  • GCSE RE - Edexcel Unit 1 & Unit 8
  • GCSE Computer Science - OCR
  • GCSE Graphics - Edexcel
  • GCSE Geography - Edexcel B
The GCSE's that were compulsory for me to take were: GCSE Maths, GCSE English Language & Literature, GCSE Physics, GCSE Chemistry, GCSE Biology and GCSE RE. I chose Triple Science as I wanted to challenge myself and I think I can achieve good grades, if I work hard which I don't and am now going to! This is also why I've made this thread, to get more motivation and achieve my grades!

Some information about me is, I love maths - it is my favourite subject. I took GCSE Maths in Year 10 (2015) and got A*. I'm still in the middle of a decision whether to carry on with AS level Maths and just learn it or finish it and take the exams this year or as an alternative - take the Further Maths Level 2 GCSE course. I am still lazy and revise one day before the exams - but this is going to change! My brother got A* in GCSE Physics and Maths, so it'll be an advantage for me.

Next week, I am going to make a revision timetable - for the 11th time -_-.
I had mocks recently and surprisingly performed well in them. :O

December Mock Results:
  • AS Level Maths - B
  • GCSE English Language - B
  • GCSE Physics - A*
  • GCSE Chemistry - A
  • GCSE Biology - A*
  • GCSE RE - A
  • GCSE Computer Science - A
  • GCSE Graphics - E
  • GCSE Geography - C
Mock Performance Analysis:

In terms of the AS Level Maths mock:
I hadn't finished the content and had just got a full past paper - in terms of what I had revised & understood, I got 55/57.

I was really happy with my English Language mock - surprisingly I had got a B even though I didn't finish the last question and I read the 5th question incorrectly.

Chemistry - 1 mark away from A*.
RE - scraped the A (75 was A and I got exactly 75)
Graphics - Done some homework now at a C/D.
Geography - 5 marks off a B, again surprised - didn't revise at all.

Thanks for reading my thread, I assure you that I will update this thread everyday from 30/01/2016 with something new and that includes: What subjects I revised (& how long for), if I developed a revision spreadsheet, done a past paper/marked it (& percentage/grade) etc.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hopefully the blog helps you to revise as you go rather than leaving it till the last minute - then you'll do much better

Good luck!
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
Hopefully the blog helps you to revise as you go rather than leaving it till the last minute - then you'll do much better

Good luck!
Thank you .

Do you think it's too late to start revising now to get all As and A*s?
I am definitely going to start revising at the start of February like next week, but what I feel is that I won't end up finishing the content... :/
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chittesh14)
Thank you .

Do you think it's too late to start revising now to get all As and A*s?
I am definitely going to start revising at the start of February like next week, but what I feel is that I won't end up finishing the content... :/
Oh no, I think there is plenty of time . If you go over the old stuff alongside the stuff you're being taught, and have plenty of time left over for past papers, then you shold be fine.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Oh no, I think there is plenty of time . If you go over the old stuff alongside the stuff you're being taught, and have plenty of time left over for past papers, then you shold be fine.
That's the problem, I never revised for any old tests or anything except Chemistry sometimes.
I'm finding it hard even on the easiest modules to memorise the information - some are easy - some are hard.
Pentaquark
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good Luck!!! I'm sure you will do amazing in the end!!!
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's the problem, I never revised for any old tests or anything except Chemistry sometimes.
I'm finding it hard even on the easiest modules to memorise the information - some are easy - some are hard.
Maybe you need to change your technique - read it through, then write out key bits of information, and answer questions based on them?

It'll be the difference between getting loads of A*s and getting lower.
{BLANK}
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi. I wrote igcse in 2014. It's not very difficult just make sure to learn with your syllabus. Make sure you have an understanding of the work you're doing as well as a good memorisation of the work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Maybe you need to change your technique - read it through, then write out key bits of information, and answer questions based on them?

It'll be the difference between getting loads of A*s and getting lower.
Thank you , might have to do that.
But I hate writing notes because I get fed up of reading pages and pages of my own handwriting lol.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by {BLANK})
Hi. I wrote igcse in 2014. It's not very difficult just make sure to learn with your syllabus. Make sure you have an understanding of the work you're doing as well as a good memorisation of the work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, thanks :P yeah I guess I lack understanding possibly.
I am doing GCSE though and not iGCSE but I doubt there is much of a difference.
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you , might have to do that.
But I hate writing notes because I get fed up of reading pages and pages of my own handwriting lol.
I write notes but never read them after being written - for me it's more the process of writing them, I have to think about them before and during writing them. Luckily I study Maths so it's more practice than notes but..
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
I write notes but never read them after being written - for me it's more the process of writing them, I have to think about them before and during writing them. Luckily I study Maths so it's more practice than notes but..
Oh right lol :P. That's cool, I might start that soon .
Do you study Maths at university?
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh right lol :P. That's cool, I might start that soon .
Do you study Maths at university?
Yes I do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads