Turn on thread page Beta

Back to School. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I live in the middle of nowhere, but people who live near me go to school in Burnley. Because in Burnley schools are less than excellant (one of the schools is in the bottom five in the country!) I go to a grammar school in the fairly nearby town of Clitheroe.

But those who go to school in Burnley go back to school next Monday or Tuesday. They get five weeks off at Summer and one in September (old tradition).

I know expression said that some school where he lives have only broken up recently.

So is this the most extreme, Burnley schools have been off for five weeks and Notts schools are only just breaking up.

I have three weeks left

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I live in the middle of nowhere, but people who live near me go to school in Burnley. Because in Burnley schools are less than excellant (one of the schools is in the bottom five in the country!) I go to a grammar school in the fairly nearby town of Clitheroe.

But those who go to school in Burnley go back to school next Monday or Tuesday. They get five weeks off at Summer and one in September (old tradition).

I know expression said that some school where he lives have only broken up recently.

So is this the most extreme, Burnley schools have been off for five weeks and Notts schools are only just breaking up.

I have three weeks left
    im off 2 aTVU in sept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjg)
    im off 2 aTVU in sept
    Forgive me for sounding stupid, but what's a TVU?

ReputationRep:
    Thames Valley University.

Hopefully I'll be off to Birmingham at the end of September.

i think u are. tvu= tames vally university

(Original post by mjg)
    i think u are. tvu= tames vally university
    Ahhh.... all is explained.

and Notts schools are only just breaking up.

Errm, no they're not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Errm, no they're not
    Expression, who will no doubt add to this conversation, seemed to suggest that some where.

No he doesn't ! My former school in Notts broke up on the 21st July. Maybe you should check the date that my post was made regarding this point, before you state things on my behalf.

ReputationRep:
    Well well, my lord, I must congratulate you on your awesome post count and the way you are progressing. You've overtaken me and I've been here a month!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Well well, my lord, I must congratulate you on your awesome post count and the way you are progressing. You've overtaken me and I've been here a month!!!!
    Huntroyde, I think you'll find that my comment on Notts schools breaking up was at the top of a thread that was started in and around the 18th July, just that its been contributed to since, and so takes it place on the front pages of this board where you have no doubt read it.

ReputationRep:
    here in the US..i go back to school in *counts for a moment*..25 days...

CR

ReputationRep:
    218 posts in seven days. Quite worrying really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Huntroyde, I think you'll find that my comment on Notts schools breaking up was at the top of a thread that was started in and around the 18th July, just that its been contributed to since, and so takes it place on the front pages of this board where you have no doubt read it.
    That would expalin the confusion.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.