Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Adult nursing at Southampton uni Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys!
    So, I have an interview at Southampton for Nursing and apparently the maths questions seem to be a mare for some people lol. Has anyone gone through this stage? What type of things will come up as a whole?

ReputationRep:
    Yes would love to know any insight from people gone through it already.
    Been trying to find past math tests so I know what to practice but doesn't seem to be anything relevant online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinaBou)
    Yes would love to know any insight from people gone through it already.
    Been trying to find past math tests so I know what to practice but doesn't seem to be anything relevant online.
    I just googled "nursing maths tests online" and a few came up. I did tests from different universities so I can get the gist of what to expect but I doubt it will be anything like that. I've got an interview tomorrow so I'll be sure to update you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jae58)
    I just googled "nursing maths tests online" and a few came up. I did tests from different universities so I can get the gist of what to expect but I doubt it will be anything like that. I've got an interview tomorrow so I'll be sure to update you!
    So first you'll be divided into groups, one doing the tests and one doing the group activity. The maths is like GCSE maths so ml into litres, ratio, working out the time on a clock but it'll confuse you because of how the sentences are structured. The literacy section, you just write about what they told you to read. My question required me to apply what I've read to how it influences a nurse. Both sections equate to 20 marks altogether. Group activity is you brainstorming the question they give you. Luckily mine was about care. The interview is you evaluating the activity then they give you a picture to interpret. Finally, you have a Q&A at the end. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jae58)
    I had mine already it is non calculator at Southampton the test wasn't bad as long as you know the basics it was quite generic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.