Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying BA Early Years, before I started the course I wanted to pursue a career in education. However, now i'm leaning in the direction of healthcare and thinking of becoming a paediatric nurse. I know a Early years degree is not sufficient enough to become a paediatric nurse, but I really don't want to go to University again for another 3/4 years.

Is there a diploma or any other qualification i can do to become a registered nurse?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpMe2)
    I'm currently studying BA Early Years, before I started the course I wanted to pursue a career in education. However, now i'm leaning in the direction of healthcare and thinking of becoming a paediatric nurse. I know a Early years degree is not sufficient enough to become a paediatric nurse, but I really don't want to go to University again for another 3/4 years.

Is there a diploma or any other qualification i can do to become a registered nurse?
    Hi!

Unfortunately, we don't have a Postgradauate Diploma in Children's nursing. But you may be able to do the Undergraduate in Child Nursing. But, as you mentioned before, it will take 3 years to complete to gain the professional recognition.

I would strongly recommend to come along to our Open Day this month. It's on Saturday, 20th of February and will start at 10AM and finish at 3PM. Our Health and Social care academics will be on hand to help you with any queries you may have and give you further advice!
    To book yourself a place, just click here. If you can't make it for the 20th of February, you can come along to the Health and Social care evening on the 2nd of March. Whatever works best for you!

Do let me know if you need anything else!

Tasnim

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.