URGENT: Water on the Land - 8 mark question (Geography) Watch

Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Describe how river processes of transportation and deposition change downstream. [8 marks]
Ekno
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should be pushing for the league title not doing geography questions lad
Jamie Vardy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ekno)
You should be pushing for the league title not doing geography questions lad
Shush! Don't tell Claudio!
Ekno
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Vardy)
Shush! Don't tell Claudio!
Hahahaha, heres a link to the changes mate
http://www.acegeography.com/how-and-...ownstream.html
Jamie Vardy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ekno)
Hahahaha, heres a link to the changes mate
http://www.acegeography.com/how-and-...ownstream.html
I went on this yesterday
Ekno
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I went on this yesterday
you just gotta say what the process is and how it happens, piece of piss lad
Jamie Vardy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ekno)
you just gotta say what the process is and how it happens, piece of piss lad
What would your answer be?
Ekno
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What would your answer be?
its been 2 years since i left school but itd say there are 4 processes of transportation - traction, saltation, suspension and solution, then mention what type of material each one transports. Then i'd say the reasons why rivers deposit it's loads such as flooding, shallow water inside meander, reduction in gradient etc
Jamie Vardy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ekno)
its been 2 years since i left school but itd say there are 4 processes of transportation - traction, saltation, suspension and solution, then mention what type of material each one transports. Then i'd say the reasons why rivers deposit it's loads such as flooding, shallow water inside meander, reduction in gradient etc
Right. Thank you for your help.

Chat **** get banged.
randomperson11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Describe how river processes of transportation and deposition change downstream. [8 marks]
I'm not sure if this is correct, but I'm currently learning about this topic so here goes...
As the water flows along the river at a high speed, traction and saltation occurs. This is because the water has high energy, allowing large boulders to be carried with the water, and other rocks to be bounced off. As the water begins to lose energy, it no longer has enough energy to transport large boulders, but saltation and traction are still present. The rocks are mainly transported by suspension. The water slows down even more and reaches into a wide and flat valley where the water has no energy. Only suspension and solution occurs here.
Mahadsss
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by randomperson11)
I'm not sure if this is correct, but I'm currently learning about this topic so here goes...
As the water flows along the river at a high speed, traction and saltation occurs. This is because the water has high energy, allowing large boulders to be carried with the water, and other rocks to be bounced off. As the water begins to lose energy, it no longer has enough energy to transport large boulders, but saltation and traction are still present. The rocks are mainly transported by suspension. The water slows down even more and reaches into a wide and flat valley where the water has no energy. Only suspension and solution occurs here.
so i have got all 8 marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads