A philosophy
B History
U Physics

To AAB

Wish me luck :smile:
Reply 1
Good luck :biggrin:
Best of luck :h:
What's your strategy for Physics in particular?
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
Best of luck :h:
What's your strategy for Physics in particular?

At least one past paper a week hopefully more as I get past half term and I'm currently attending revision sessions on a Wednesday and where I have more frees on my timetable due only taking 3 AS I am in Physics for two extra lessons doing as much extra work as possible while being watched by my teacher. If that doesn't work goodness knows what will.

Any suggestions? I'll take all the advice I can get with Physics :smile:
Original post by Bria331
At least one past paper a week hopefully more as I get past half term and I'm currently attending revision sessions on a Wednesday and where I have more frees on my timetable due only taking 3 AS I am in Physics for two extra lessons doing as much extra work as possible while being watched by my teacher. If that doesn't work goodness knows what will.

Any suggestions? I'll take all the advice I can get with Physics :smile:

For AQA Physics I used a CGP guide. It should be used together with the textbook, by reading through the revision guide first, write out notes on the key points and then do the questions in them, before going to the textbook and seeing if there's anything else missing + practice the questions in there. And work your way through both, basically. :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
For AQA Physics I used a CGP guide. It should be used together with the textbook, by reading through the revision guide first, write out notes on the key points and then do the questions in them, before going to the textbook and seeing if there's anything else missing + practice the questions in there. And work your way through both, basically. :tongue:

What grade did you get? And are you doing physics now?
Original post by champ_mc99
What grade did you get? And are you doing physics now?

I got an A overall 2 years ago. :moon: I am in my second year of a Maths degree. :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM

Thanks for the advice. :smile: Sounds like a good plan I'll try an incorporate that too. I've got the issue of a new specification without a new textbook so we have be warned that our textbook is a little haphazard in terms of some of it is irrelevant and it leaves out parts. Obviously physics is physics so it is still useful. I'll see what I can do. I plan to draw up a proper timetable on Friday :smile:
Original post by Bria331
Thanks for the advice. :smile: Sounds like a good plan I'll try an incorporate that too. I've got the issue of a new specification without a new textbook so we have be warned that our textbook is a little haphazard in terms of some of it is irrelevant and it leaves out parts. Obviously physics is physics so it is still useful. I'll see what I can do. I plan to draw up a proper timetable on Friday :smile:

:eek4: If there is a revision guide for the new spec already that would be great :tongue: or if you find that the topics are similar.. the old one may be somewhat useful.

Awesome, we're rolling :tongue:
Reply 9
So I drew up my past paper grids... Well I was given one but same thing. 😉
Anyway here it is

Spoiler

Goal is to do 5 questions a day and keep the colour code. Basically any areas that are continually red or orange I need to repeat :smile: No red so far!
Reply 10
Okay little update.
For physics I've calculated that I have 306 questions to do. 5 a day means that it will take 62 days to finish the grids ( I now have two). That gives me a deadline of the 28th of March 😎 I may have to do 10 a day over half term to make up for any time I've missed. I also need to make some flash cards for Defintions. I took a post mock test on Wednesday and scored 68% so pretty pleased. 😊

I went to a study session on philosophy this lunch time which covered the design arguement and I'll be trying to draft up some revision for philosophy and read a few original philopshers work.

As for history they aren't a fan of past papers. Therefore I'm just going to some addtional reading around the subject and make some revision sheets.

I actually don't really know what to blog about, any ideas or questions? Or better yet any revision tips/ techniques?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending