Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I applied to Oxford this year and didn't get in. Now I am considering to reapply. Because my personal statement was bad, I also got rejected from LSE and expect my other decisions to be rejections as well. Therefore, I am planning to start studying in my home country (Germany) right now. But because everything in PPE direction is considered worthless here (qualification for taxi driving) I aim to start Law here since I am interested in law too. More specifically, I would probably go to Heidelberg.
    And while studying law there, I would reappIy for PPE in the UK because it still is the subject I want to do the most.
    But now I am wondering if studying something else will harm my chances? Should I just lie about it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/a...ejQzUDR6SG0%3D

I have also heard of people being kicked out/severely disciplined once they get to Oxford and they found out they lied they were already at uni. I really wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/a...ejQzUDR6SG0%3D

I have also heard of people being kicked out/severely disciplined once they get to Oxford and they found out they lied they were already at uni. I really wouldn't.
    But how should they find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    But how should they find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone from my college applied for Law having already started doing a law course in another country. My tutors found out (not sure how), and were extremely upset about it. That guy was disciplined (for a period of time, we weren't sure if he would even be allowed to remain at Oxford), and ended up moving colleges.

Honestly, if you lie on your application, that's a breach of UCAS rules, and Oxford has a right to rescind your offer. Why not just come clean and be honest, rather than run the risk of being kicked out subsequently?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.