The Student Room Group

Queen Mary VS City (Mechanical Engineering)

hey guys. I'm nearly done receiving decisions from my 5 main choices and i'm in a dilemma where i have to decide which uni i'm aiming to be at this September. I applied to do Mechanical engineering and i've decided to make City and Queen Mary my two choices. I can't decide between these two unis because they both have their disadvantages and advantages.

QMUL:
Good on campus university
Great Reputation (Russel Group)
Apparently more well respected to possible employers
Stats and rankings for Engineering are lower than City's

City:
Also has a great reputation
Has great Job links
Stats and average starting salaries are higher
I was planning to spend a few years in financial services and they have good connections
However it does not have a big name as russel group compared to QMUL

Help ! i would love to hear replies from current students of both.
Reply 1
Original post by therepulsion
hey guys. I'm nearly done receiving decisions from my 5 main choices and i'm in a dilemma where i have to decide which uni i'm aiming to be at this september. I applied to do mechanical engineering and i've decided to make city and queen mary my two choices. I can't decide between these two unis because they both have their disadvantages and advantages.

Qmul:
Good on campus university
great reputation (russel group)
apparently more well respected to possible employers
stats and rankings for engineering are lower than city's

city:
Also has a great reputation
has great job links
stats and average starting salaries are higher
i was planning to spend a few years in financial services and they have good connections
however it does not have a big name as russel group compared to qmul

help ! I would love to hear replies from current students of both.

saaaaame here i got queen mary, city, brunel, sussex and hertfordshire..... But want to choose queen mary as my firm and am stuck between city and brunel for insurance.
Original post by raman_17
saaaaame here i got queen mary, city, brunel, sussex and hertfordshire..... But want to choose queen mary as my firm and am stuck between city and brunel for insurance.

Personally i would suggest city as insurance. because they have amazing feedback from students and good links with major companies.

Quick Reply

Latest