The Student Room Group

How to find out if a girl at uni likes you?

Hi guys,

My first post on here, just need some help and advice.
Since September I've started growing a strong attraction to this girl on my uni course, we've spoken briefly a handful of times and it's general chat about work - it's difficult to catch her on her own as she has her own group of friends and as do I.
I've managed to add her on Facebook and eventually plucked up the courage to message her about some work. Her replies were quiet blunt at first but then the conversation grew until I said something stupid like thanks for help and gave her nothing to reply to, since then I've been a bit cautious about messaging her as I find things like this quiet weird because we don't really talk much at uni and if she isn't interested it would make things awkward when I did see her.
Any ideas/suggestions as to what I could do to find out if she's interested?

Thanks in advance
You could ask her.

You're in University now, so don't wait until you can ask her friend to ask her if she likes you. :wink:
As the previous poster said, just ask her out ( in person not on your computer ). The worst she can say is no.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

My first post on here, just need some help and advice.
Since September I've started growing a strong attraction to this girl on my uni course, we've spoken briefly a handful of times and it's general chat about work - it's difficult to catch her on her own as she has her own group of friends and as do I.
I've managed to add her on Facebook and eventually plucked up the courage to message her about some work. Her replies were quiet blunt at first but then the conversation grew until I said something stupid like thanks for help and gave her nothing to reply to, since then I've been a bit cautious about messaging her as I find things like this quiet weird because we don't really talk much at uni and if she isn't interested it would make things awkward when I did see her.
Any ideas/suggestions as to what I could do to find out if she's interested?

Thanks in advance
Stop pussy-footing around, grow some balls and ask her if she'd like a coffee with you and then set a time and date.

Look, girls like confidence but not pushy arrogance so you need to get in before someone else beats you to it.

If she's with friends just go up to her and say: 'Hey, could I have a quick word with you in private?'. Take her to one side and ask her if she'd like a coffee with you when she's free sometime.

You have to be prepared for rejection, that's simply part of the risk of asking. If she says 'no', then brush it off with a quick apology (always with a smile) and finish with saying you value her help with work assignments then go back to normal.

If she says' 'yes', take it from there.

Stop fretting and just do it. The sooner you do, the sooner you will know where you stand and can stop wasting time and energy by dithering and not knowing one way or the other - life's too short.
Reply 4
Just ask her ffs lol
Reply 5
I'm in the same boat. I get it why you can't just ask. The next day would be so embarrassing and uni is too important not to show face x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending