Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you leave the UK if Jeremy Corbyn was elected? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Views?

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably have good employment building 200 million new houses because of a new border policy and a ridiculous amount of wooden ships Jeremy built to replace Trident and create jobs

ReputationRep:
    Im leaving before. Not because he might become pm but i can see myself doing better somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    If i can i will try to move my assets to eastern europe, buy up a lot of houses there and then either live elsewhere in europe or stay in the UK.

The reason? when the government builds more homes and starts to nationalize companies the value of my property will go down, also with increased levels of migrants that he will no doubt bring then my rental values will fall due to average lower wages which he will try to push up with higher minimum wages which will unlikely lead to rise in my own wage.

The problem i currently see with him is that he has big ideas and doesn't seem to want to compromise on them, he has placed communists onto his front bench and that's really scary for someone who is going to own more than one house by age 30-35 and will have a decent wage.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Trick question.

Corbyn cannot possibly be elected.

ReputationRep:
    Although I would not be happy he was elected, it's stupid for me to consider leaving my life behind for it.

ReputationRep:
    I would stay and take anything he offers me as a poor university student and then after I graduate I'll be off to a better place, hopefully as far from that terrible man as I can get. Maybe Australia? They certainly have better weather

(Original post by aeroline1999)
    I would stay and take anything he offers me as a poor university student and then after I graduate I'll be off to a better place, hopefully as far from that terrible man as I can get. Maybe Australia? They certainly have better weather
    He's either someone who has policies that could help you or he's a "terrible man." It's hardly fair to say both.

ReputationRep:
    No, I probably wouldn't, but the premise is so unrealistic as to make the question almost meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Views?
    Err no, because he would be gone within 5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't leave, but it would be bloody painful.

ReputationRep:
    I would honestly rather leave the UK and go back to communist China because they'd allow more capitalism than Corbynski.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have faith that the British people will not vote for an extremist.

ReputationRep:
    I already left the UK, but Corbyn being elected would be a big reason to settle semi-permanently abroad.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can we just swap Jeremy Corbyn for Bernie Sanders, he seems like a much more sane version. With my only great disagreement with The Bern being on guns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    I'd probably have good employment building 200 million new houses because of a new border policy and a ridiculous amount of wooden ships Jeremy built to replace Trident and create jobs
    Corbyn actually promised 500 million new homes if you saw his latest proposals. He also intends to increase the welfare we are entitled to by 10s of thousands of pounds. If that's not a reason to stay, I don't know what is. He also reckons we could have a 4 day weekend like in the 70s, it's a win win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    I would honestly rather leave the UK and go back to communist China because they'd allow more capitalism than Corbynski.
    China is as capitalist as ****. Sorry to break ti to you but we a decidedly more left wing country than china. Even with these Tories inc charge! NHS. Welfare state. Human rights. We can all vote in representative democracy. Government can't arrest me fro saying they are ****. We can form unions, the essence of working class struggle.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd be happy to stay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.