Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Roaring Twenties Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So what will the '20s be like this time around? Will we see a re-run of the Roaring Twenties of the 20th Century?

Wtf are you on about!?

ReputationRep:
    Rude!

ReputationRep:
    No, more economic stagnation for us, yay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    promiscuous flappers

ReputationRep:
    I hope there's a resurgence in the popularity of big band swing music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    promiscuous flappers
    Flippers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas2)
    Flippers?
    No, flappers

ReputationRep:
    No, flappers
    What are flappers? Slappers?

ReputationRep:
    What are flappers? Slappers?
    They were described as a new breed of young women during the roaring twenties, partially because they experimented on their style (wore shorter skirts), cut their hair short, started to have casual sex, went out at night without a male chaperone, smoked, drove cars etc.

The older generation however did not approve of the boisterous behaviour and liberal attitude these young women were developing.

But hey, it was the "Roaring twenties" so you can hardly blame them for their liberation and promescious behaviour especially now that Jazz music was introduced.

ReputationRep:
    They were described as a new breed of young women during the roaring twenties, partially because they experimented on their style (wore shorter skirts), cut their hair short, started to have casual sex, went out at night without a male chaperone, smoked, drove cars etc.

The older generation however did not approve of the boisterous behaviour and liberal attitude these young women were developing.

But hey, it was the "Roaring twenties" so you can hardly blame them for their liberation and promescious behaviour especially now that Jazz music was introduced.
    Sounds like my kinda girl. LOL

ReputationRep:
    So what will the '20s be like this time around? Will we see a re-run of the Roaring Twenties of the 20th Century?
    Hopefully it won't end the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Hopefully it won't end the same.
    I agree but unfortunately history has a way of repeating itself.

ReputationRep:
    with a massive criminal group running everything
    something prohibited
    then end in bankruptcy as everything crashes and burns

government, drug war, spending cuts
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    promiscuous flappers
    I wish.

I personally don't think you can tell the future from the past; the 2020's will be nothing like the 1920's, or indeed any other era. I have no idea what it will be like, however.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.