The Student Room Group

What degrees will give the best job prospects and good pay in the future?

I will soon be doing A levels and i was wondering which degrees give best job prospects AND high salary
in the future. pls give suggestions based on maths/science based degrees.

The two i was thinking of was economics/computer science and im interested in both!

Thanks!
Engineering, medicine, possibly maths/Computer science.
Do what you are intrested in, alot of degreees are there to give you skills that employees look for.

Also dont be put off by "low job prospects" "competitiveness" the best things will always be competitive/not hiring.
70% of grad jobs are open to those of any degree, so no, it's more about the JOB not the degree.

That said, safe bets for a stimulating experience at university and favourable attention from employers are: Maths, Engineering (a case where the degree leads to a job), CompSci, Econ, English, History, Medicine (another case where the degree leads to a job) Law, Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Languages.

Probably missed out a few but those are all solid degrees to undergo. I would focus on which interests you the most at this point and not 'career prospects' because the latter is a function of how employable you are personally.
gender studies

Quick Reply

Latest