Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you avoid being friends with someone because of this? Watch

Announcements

If you knew that a 29 year old female (who looked young for her age) was dating a 57 year old man what would you think? Would you avoid her and not want to be friends or would you just shrug it off and be friends with her if you saw her regularly?

Also what about guys would you avoid talking /being friends with her?

ReputationRep:
    Shrug it off, it's non of my business nor is it relevant to me.

Also would it make a difference to your opinion if the female was sporty/tomboyish rather than the type who wore makeup/made an effort with appearance?

ReputationRep:
    Why would that change our friendship? Lol, as long as they're both consenting adults, no problem in my eyes

ReputationRep:
    Who/What you date and love won't affect me one bit (Maybe up until you say Batman sucks or Lambos are ugly then we ain't gonna be friends :noway: )

Only shallow people will start avoiding for these petty things :catfight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Also would it make a difference to your opinion if the female was sporty/tomboyish rather than the type who wore makeup/made an effort with appearance?
    Wouldn't matter at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that I would have a problem with it unless it changed her, as long as she is happy in the relationship then I don't see why the friendship should end

Ok thanks. I thought people would think she's a weirdo with issues and avoid her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    I don't think that I would have a problem with it unless it changed her, as long as she is happy in the relationship then I don't see why the friendship should end
    I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    Who/What you date
    I've had a crush on a carrot since I was 7, it's rotten to the core but the more I peel it the more layers it has, i'm worried it can't go on much longer without it disappearing and losing its identity completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    I've had a crush on a carrot since I was 7, it's rotten to the core but the more I peel it the more layers it has, i'm worried it can't go on much longer without it disappearing and losing its identity completely.
    Apples are bae... :adore:
    wth is wrong witchu... A carrot :noway:

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Is he rich? I kid.

ReputationRep:
    If you knew that a 29 year old female (who looked young for her age) was dating a 57 year old man what would you think? Would you avoid her and not want to be friends or would you just shrug it off and be friends with her if you saw her regularly?

Well as the woman is an adult she can do what she likes and it's none of your business.

So I'd do nothing, I wouldn't even question it in my head with relation to myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly i wouldnt care at all. I would be happy for my friend that she found love and not judge at all bc its none of my business. Also if anyone was talking about my mate i would do something a bout it. It would be my friends choice, not theirs
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit my concern would be him taking advantage of her. But other than that, no. Their relationship has nothing to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. I thought people would think she's a weirdo with issues and avoid her

Com on luv, you are not a weirdo and I wouldn't avoid you even if you two started the relationship when you were 20 and he was 48.

I would feel uncomfortable though if you were 18 and he was 46.

ReputationRep:
    Would reserve judgement until I'd met the old boy :top2:

ReputationRep:

Probably

Probably

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has issues, and the older you get the less anyone cares. Do what makes you happy and ignore any sad little people who can't deal with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.