Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently, my sister told me that the srudent loan has been lowered to 3k. I haven't seen anything like that in the news recently. However, when talking to someone online, yhey told me that it's the grant that has been lowered.

I don't understand how student finance works so I'm not sure how that would affect me. I wanted to move from Liverpool to London in order to study Japanese Language as long as I get good grades for my AS exams.

My family is reluctant to let me move so far as they think there would be not enough money but from what I've read, there shouldn't be much difference.

Can someone explain what changes have been made and how that would affect students?

Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emilia.k.

Currently the funding for 16/17 is not fully finalised.

However, only the maintenance grant has been removed, the maintenance loan will actually be increased to balance out this instead.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.