The Student Room Group

Denmark is stealing the belongings of refugees through new law.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clockwork_orange
I absolutely agree with that. Denmark is institutionalizing theft.

Isn't it called taxation?
Original post by SMEGGGY
Tl;dr

Policy brings refugees in line with unemployed Danes, who also face having to sell assets above a certain level to claim benefits. So, do stop posting ****. Nobody gives a ****.

And the policy for Danish citizenship being granted to these people, thus bringing them "in line with...Danes"?
Why the refugees just don't leave such bad country? Instead they cross the whole Europe only to be robbed there. Very strange. :confused: Don't they have internet in their smartphones?
Look it's simple.

White westerners = Evil, stole all their wealth from the third world, eat babies while walking on streets made of gold

Third world = Savages, live in mud huts, perpetually live in war zones, lucky to have not died of starvation up to now
"It is frightening to watch them try to explain it all rationally. It is a symbolic law that won’t have any effect on any budget. It’s not rooted in economics; it’s emotional. The police are already saying it’s not workable they’re not experts on an antiques show and they don’t have the knowledge or skills to judge what’s valuable or not."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2016/jan/27/sofie-grabol-want-to-feel-proud-of-denmark-but-not-easy

Original post by BaconandSauce

Yeah but this theft is vindictive and spiteful and serves no purpose other than to pander to a population that wants to see stuff nicked off of refugees/migrants.

Taxation to fund left wing redistributive welfare programs and public services etc is stealing from a system that is built on stealing to balance it out a bit. Totally different. It's a lesser evil.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
"It is frightening to watch them try to explain it all rationally. It is a symbolic law that won’t have any effect on any budget. It’s not rooted in economics; it’s emotional. The police are already saying it’s not workable they’re not experts on an antiques show and they don’t have the knowledge or skills to judge what’s valuable or not."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2016/jan/27/sofie-grabol-want-to-feel-proud-of-denmark-but-not-easy

Yeah but this theft is vindictive and spiteful and serves no purpose other than to pander to a population that wants to see stuff nicked off of refugees/migrants.

Taxation to fund left wing redistributive welfare programs and public services etc is stealing from a system that is built on stealing to balance it out a bit. Totally different. It's a lesser evil.

and I bet you're too stupid to realise that infantilising these migrants is the worst form of racism in itself.

I was saying that ALL along. Thanks for showing some support for what's right.
Original post by Danny McCoyne
The head of the Danish police said that his officers are no experts in identifying and valuing jewelry yet they act as appraisers and confiscators. So while refugees will be allowed to keep their wedding rings and family portraits, the portrait frames and other precious items may be taken away. There are no guarantees that the police will do everyone justice and take only the non-sentimental valuables.
Original post by BaconandSauce

Taxation is taking from people who are citizens of your country, not those who are not.

It's essentially theft.
I'm smarter than you that's for sure.

Listen a first in Politically Correct Science doesn't make you smart.
Original post by fredderick
Listen a first in Politically Correct Science doesn't make you smart.

I'm STEM master race buddy.

Having a victim complex of being bullied by cultural marxist vegetarians doesn't make you tough.
(edited 8 years ago)

Ooh, I'm so scared. What are you gonna do, build a neutron bomb you little btich?
Original post by fredderick
Ooh, I'm so scared. What are you gonna do, build a neutron bomb you little btich?

Don't need to. I bet you are already wetting yourself at night agonizing whether the tin foil is protecting you from the mind control beams emitted by the cultural marxist vegans.

This is your logic: One is perceived to be right-wing and one left. Right-wing is bad, left-wing good. Therefore tax is good, taking migrant possessions is bad. Therefore they are not remotely the same.

From a philosophical standpoint I fail to see the difference between taking the possessions of one group to pay for a service and taking them from another. You might well argue that it's an unjust tax, but it's certainly just another tax.

I could well say that punitive, populist taxes on the rich are vindictive and spiteful and serve no purpose other than to pander to a population that wants to see stuff nicked off rich people. But that might be dragging us off the subject.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Taxation is taking from people who are citizens of your country, not those who are not.

It's essentially theft.

All tax is theft. That the state claims ownership of you as well doesn't make it any less so.

And anyway, where is this idea that we only tax citizens coming from? You think tourists don't pay VAT?
Original post by Rinsed
All tax is theft. That the state claims ownership of you as well doesn't make it any less so.

Whilst I am of the view that there should be no taxation, I have to disagree with you and say that not all taxes are theft.

And anyway, where is this idea that we only tax citizens coming from? You think tourists don't pay VAT?

I was referring more to direct taxation.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Whilst I am of the view that there should be no taxation, I have to disagree with you and say that not all taxes are theft.

To be honest even I see the moral case for a land tax these days. I'm not so strident as I used to be.

But unfortunately most of the taxes western governments engage in are just as morally suspect as nicking necklaces from refugees.

You don't come across as very "master race."

Or particularly bright.

Very clever people don't tend to describe themselves as such on internet forums because it makes them look like plonkers.
Original post by Rinsed
This is your logic: One is perceived to be right-wing and one left. Right-wing is bad, left-wing good. Therefore tax is good, taking migrant possessions is bad. Therefore they are not remotely the same.

It';s like how Robin hood stealing from rich giving to poor is better than a bandit that just steals from the poor to make himself wealthy. Taking jewelry form these refugees/migrants is the latter with knobs on.

I'm on of those people that sees capitalism as being inherently about knicking stuff. So doing a bit of stealing to balance things is a lesser evil. There is theft left right and center. Yeah ideological speaking I am a 'property is theft' anarchist type and would love to live in a Utopian stateless society but it aint happening. Since the state is there I would like it to also facilitate stealing in a robin hood manor to counter act the bandit praying on the poor.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JezWeCan!
You don't come across as very "master race."

Or particularly bright.

Very clever people don't tend to describe themselves as such on internet forums because it makes them look like plonkers.

I was jokingly replying to a dunderhead that called me stupid for supposedly studying a political science degree. These morons think every left wing person is someone who studies a useless (in their eyes) "gender politics degree". They are stupid and can;t do a "real" subject. Yeah well I did a "real" subject.

So when confronted with a plonker like that it is fair to point out I have a degree in physics, one of their precious STEM subjects where you can go on to be a successful drone for a tech company or something.

To be frank political views have nothing to do with someones ability to be good at maths or physics... Although my left wing politics are in good company when it comes to physicists.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Liberalist left wingers are bad at maths, fact. How else could you expect that taking in a million so-called refugees a year from the third world could be integrated smoothly without massive consequences to the host country.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending