Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible for cambridge to accept me if i have acheived these grades Watch

University Navigation

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    You can apply by October 15th 2016 for entry in 2017, or deferred entry in 2018. However, you need to check that your grades correspond to those required by Cambridge for the degree they're offering.

Be aware that, for most competitive universities, a higher grade in one A2 subject does not compensate for a lower grade in another, if that second grade is lower than the requirement. For instance, if they're looking for A*AA, and you have A*A*B or A*A*C, the second A* won't compensate for a B or C - they want two As or higher

No problem these are just what i have predicted
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Iam a really average person.. but that doesnt mean i cant do anything,

ReputationRep:
    Woah me2* i feel really bad, i thought you were trolling,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me2*)
    I'm sorry to have to tell you honestly, but I don't want to give you false hope.

Look, I know how rejection feels because you've set your sights too high and it's pretty painful (especially with medicine).

My advice would be to do some research, apply next year (as UCAS deadline is passed) and have a look at some Russell Group unis who would consider your application.

Have a look at Nottingham and Warwick, for example, (for anything but law, maths or medicine) and see their entry requirements for subjects. I'm sure some would admit you with an AAB average (A*AC).

Could you perhaps resit the C grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goondance)
    I think it's absolutely worth a shot
    Look, don't try and give people false hope. It's not fair - it's a lot more devastating to apply and get rejected without an interview, trust me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    I'm sorry to have to tell you honestly, but I don't want to give you false hope.

Look, I know how rejection feels because you've set your sights too high and it's pretty painful (especially with medicine).

My advice would be to do some research, apply next year (as UCAS deadline is passed) and have a look at some Russell Group unis who would consider your application.

Have a look at Nottingham and Warwick, for example, (for anything but law, maths or medicine) and see their entry requirements for subjects. I'm sure some would admit you with an AAB average (A*AC).

Could you perhaps resit the C grade?
    Actually these are what i have predicted
    Actually im having a2 exams and could possible get better grades

Thank you for your advice
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me2*)

For which course?

If you achieve A*A*A (or better) in your A-levels it may be worth applying post A-level in Oct 2016 for entry in 2017.

ReputationRep:
    Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me2*)

Oh, ok, that's fair enough. If you apply next year post-A2 and get A*AB or AAA minimum, you could take a look at some really good Russell Group courses in sciences I'm guessing, looking at your A-levels.

Good luck. It may not seem like this now, but everything happens for a reason.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    For which course?

If you achieve A*A*A (or better) in your A-levels it may be worth applying post A-level in Oct 2016 for entry in 2017.
    Mechanical engineering
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Oh, ok, that's fair enough. If you apply next year post-A2 and get A*AB or AAA minimum, you could take a look at some really good Russell Group courses in sciences I'm guessing, looking at your A-levels.

Good luck. It may not seem like this now, but everything happens for a reason.
    Could i apply to mit by chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me2*)
    I'm afraid American institutions like MIT are extremely competitive and likely harder to get into than Oxbridge, so wouldn't advise that. You'd need extremely good academic history in addition to near perfect SAT scores.
    Engineering is really competitive also, especially Oxbridge and Imperial, so I wouldn't advise Cambridge because of UMS and Oxford/Imperial because of GCSEs/overall academic performance.Durham or Nottingham may be worth a shot though if you can get A*AA (pull that C grade up).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid American institutions like MIT are extremely competitive and likely harder to get into than Oxbridge, so wouldn't advise that. You'd need extremely good academic history in addition to near perfect SAT scores.
    Engineering is really competitive also, especially Oxbridge and Imperial, so I wouldn't advise Cambridge because of UMS and Oxford/Imperial because of GCSEs/overall academic performance.Durham or Nottingham may be worth a shot though if you can get A*AA (pull that C grade up).
    Thank you very much! I will try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me2*)
    such a troll xD
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxab77)
    such a troll xD
    Look foxab i could make it to MIT
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me2*)
    Mechanical engineering
    Typical offer is A*A*A with Maths & Physics required and FM pretty much needed too.

If you are applying post A-level you will really need A*A*A* to be in with a reasonable shout.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Typical offer is A*A*A with Maths & Physics required and FM pretty much needed too.

If you are applying post A-level you will really need A*A*A* to be in with a reasonable shout.
    I guess i wont make it then, thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me2*)
    Look foxab i could make it to MIT
    ofcourse m9
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxab77)
    ofcourse m9
    Lol overload

ReputationRep:
    A*AC is below the standard offer...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.