The Student Room Group

Never had a girlfriend. Am I ugly?

Hi, i'm 22. Apparently I don't look it, but I've never had a girlfriend. Am I ugly? Or do I look weird? Or look too immature or too young?

I've always been shy, but i've not got a bad personality. People say i'm funny, and I get on well with people.

It just feels like no one is interested in me. I just want to meet someone!

Please be honest, thanks x

I've put the picture on imgur as I don't want it embedded on here. http://imgur.com/hPPnTVn

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2scotty
Hi, i'm 22. Apparently I don't look it, but I've never had a girlfriend. Am I ugly? Or do I look weird? Or look too immature or too young?

I've always been shy, but i've not got a bad personality. People say i'm funny, and I get on well with people.

I've put the picture on imgur as I don't want it embedded on here. http://imgur.com/hPPnTVn

No, your good looking.

I'd give you a 7/10 for the picture on the right.
Its more about your personality, hobbies and interests etc.

Good things come to those who wait :lol:
Reply 2
ngl I'd date you

You look a lot better than a lot of people I know who've had girlfriends, I'd imagine it might just be that you're missing signs from people, or need to actually ask people yourself :wink:
Na you're good looking, I'd give you a 8/10 :smile:
Reply 4
Attention seeker
Reply 5
You're definitely not ugly. Maybe you just haven't found someone who can appreciate what you have to offer yet. Some girls may be too nervous to make a move on you if they like you, too. I know for me personally when I fancy a guy I find it quite difficult to express it. Next time you find yourself attracted to a girl just go for it. You most certainly have nothing to worry about in the looks department.
Excellent zygomatic bone structure. You get 10 points.
Reply 7
maybe the problem is that you're the type of person who starts threads like this.
Original post by 2scotty

Not ugly at all; I would date you

I'd give you a 7/10

Maybe like others have said you just don't put yourself out there enough?
Nah I am a guy was expecting to see something worse (not gay though) but you look pretty normal.
I think that's why! I just get too nervous
I would be your bae :love:

Ask more girls out OP.
Original post by 2scotty

Honestly, like the others have said, you are good looking, and cute! And honestly there's nothing wrong with being single and shy, it has its many perks (being single I mean). Sometimes you just have to wait to find the right person!! There are so many people in the same boat as you, (including me-haha), but you have to remember that patience is the key! Sometimes you've got to throw yourself into the deep end. It might be nerve-racking to start with-it always is, and yes, you might feel uncomfortable, but hey! In the end, you will end up having fun and finding someone who is right for you!
if you ever want to talk, you know what to do :wink:
Hope it helps xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 2scotty
I think that's why! I just get too nervous

Methinks you need some confidence; have you tried practising a martial art or doing voluntary work that involves dealing with people?
You're not ugly maybe it's the lack of confidence people assume if your shy that you are rude or stuck up just get more comfortable talking to girls OP
Reply 15
ngl you're cute! Just be more forward :smile:
No one is ugly, that would only be the case if there were a standard idea of beauty when there isn't
Reply 17
Poor rep per post ratio...
Stop being "shy". Be yourself. Either people will like you or they won't. If they don't then too bad. You are good looking.
[scroll] Hard to believe... [/scroll]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending