hussain_salam29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Apologies if this post is in the wrong area, i'm a new user.
However the main reason i'm writing this is due to the fact i have no clue of the A Levels/BTECs i'd like to choose.

My goal is to become a Software Developer, i'm sitting my GCSEs this summer, however i need to apply for my college and was wondering what i should take with A Level Computer Science, the College i'm applying to you prohibits you from taking BTEC ITs (Level 3) which sucks, in which i'm resulting to having to pick other options.

It would be highly appreciated if anyone could help me choose what A Levels/BTECs i should take to become Software Developer.
I was considering maths however i'm extremely disadvantaged when it comes to maths and it's seriously my weak point

Thank you
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait so you cant take BTEC IT?
hussain_salam29
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
Wait so you cant take BTEC IT?

No, as i'm choosing A Level Computer Science

(Quote from My College's site on the A Level Computer Page: "Cannot be taken with BTEC IT")
CSLady
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths?? If you want to go down the computer science degree root you will need maths A level definitely (I've applied for Computer science and they only seem to care about that) and maybe physics for the maths might be worth seeing if they offer the decision applied modules which are very much about computer science and teach you algorithms hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
RyzoRGS
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You would have to check universities and see if they need maths a level or just computer science a level for a computer science/software development course. If only Computer Science is needed then you can probably choose other options
CSLady
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it's a computer science course you will need maths haven't seen a course yet where you don't need it no idea about software development courses though

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.5%
I'm not sure (51)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.36%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.58%

Watched Threads