Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

School tells parents off for wearing pj's to drop kids off Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35413153

Lol! everyone else has to work if they can they should get a ****ing job not go home back to bed. Or if that's too much trouble maybe just get dressed.

ReputationRep:
    looool if you've got the balls to go into public with PJs, ****ing go for it

ReputationRep:
    I think it sets a bad example to the kids. "Work hard at school, kids, or... you'll end up just like mummy and spend most of your mornings all wrapped up in your lovely cozy bed ".

ReputationRep:
    Would you wear nightwear to go to the shops? No. To the cinema? No. (well probably not, might do if it's a late night showing)

So why wear pjs to school? Especially to your kid's primary school...

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't agree more. It's pretty disgraceful to rock up to a parent's meeting with pj's :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    As long as they have enough money to provide for their family and themselves and don't unfairly claim benefits, why should they have to work? They're living the dream surely

As for parents in their pyjamas, I could understand if they were actually dressed inappropriately but as long as they're not hurting anyone why should the headteacher have a say in what they wear? I'm sure my education would not have been affected had my mum brought me to school in her pjs lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Would you wear nightwear to go to the shops? No. To the cinema? No. (well probably not, might do if it's a late night showing)

Hm, fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Do they mean drive in the car wearing pyjamas?

ReputationRep:
    honestly if the school's like 30 seconds away I'm going in my pyjamas X'D
    we used to live in one of those apartments directly above a store and we'd go in every morning in our pyjamas and get breakfast

now we moved out we have to do shopping weekly ;_;

ReputationRep:
    I dont think wearing PJ's in the morning when dropping off kids is too bad, as long as its appropriate. But going to parents evening in PJ's?! Surely by then, you'd be wearing actual clothes?

ReputationRep:
    I remember my dad comming watching a school play I was in and he fell asleep snoring. I get that I wasn't an entertaining enough actor but I got a harsh telling off for snoozing in class, hardly a good role model. At least he was dressed though.

ReputationRep:

I'd go to shops in my PJs, in fact I know plenty who already do... especially in the mornings.

Do PJ-wearing adults offend you that much?

ReputationRep:
    This is a non-issue.

It'd be a different story if the adults were showing up in their underwear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    Do PJ-wearing adults offend you that much?
    It doesn't offend me, it's just lazy af and shows that you don't really care...

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't offend me, it's just lazy af and shows that you don't really care...
    If an adult didn't "care" they wouldn't be bringing their children to school in the first place. Honestly, I think you're being a wee bit ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    If an adult didn't "care" they wouldn't be bringing their children to school in the first place. Honestly, I think you're being a wee bit ridiculous.
    I mean, I could go to Sixth Form in my PJs if I so wished, but I ain't gonna be doing that...

ReputationRep:
    I mean, I could go to Sixth Form in my PJs if I so wished, but I ain't gonna be doing that...
    Do you have a uniform?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a uniform?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    Regardless, the fact you wouldn't is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless, the fact you wouldn't is irrelevant.
    No-one would. Despite the fact there's no uniform, someone would be sent home for coming in in PJs. It's just silly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.