Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Same crush as my friend Watch

Announcements

A few months ago my friend told me she likes this boy and i could immediately guess who it was. For some time I've teased her about it for a laugh and kind of cheer her on in a sense to tell her to go for it. Then I developed some minor feelings for him too. He is cute and is quiet and shy like the both of us.

Is this ok? Should I stop?

My feelings arent crazy for him. I like him but he doesn't make me feel crazy where i'd cry over him...like my last crush.

ReputationRep:
    OMG that is peaaak!!

That sucks!!!

ReputationRep:
    Two friends liking the same person could make things complicated later down the line. Tread carefully.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If she finds out it will most likely create a barrier between the two of you

Maybe it's best to let this one go - she liked him first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A few months ago my friend told me she likes this boy and i could immediately guess who it was. For some time I've teased her about it for a laugh and kind of cheer her on in a sense to tell her to go for it. Then I developed some minor feelings for him too. He is cute and is quiet and shy like the both of us.Is this ok? Should I stop?
    Oooo I've been in the same situation.

He told me and I was already developing the feelings before he told me.
    So I left it while he went for her... They were together-ish for most of the year and it ended badly for them.
    I tried to go for it the following year but then she told me she still might have feelings for him... So I kinda gave up :shh:

All I can say if your friendship is strong enough then tell her and see how it goes from there (but that's not the best thing to do)
    Otherwise just lay back and enjoy the show.. or time to move on :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done that. Nothing wrong with having a crush but you should be considerate about your friends feelings and if she wants to pursue something with him then it could get a bit messy. Unless you want to date him, it doesn't matter, if you do, tell your friend. Friends before anyone else tbh

Hopefully it's just a crush which will eventually fade for the both of you

Don't dwell on it

ReputationRep:
    Mates over dates. They're the ones who'll be there for you when it all goes pear shaped.
    Don't risk it. Keep it to yourself and start looking at other guys. It's easier to get over a crush than a broken heart and he loss of a friend fur down the line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She was there first

ReputationRep:
    let her have him

esp if you're in high school... you just gotta wait your turn

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it.

Think forward a year. You choose to go for him, you muck up your friendship, you break up with him eventually, and you're left with neither. Leave it, you retain your friendship, and there'll always be someone else

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.