Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bad attendance - I'm sick, should I go to school tomorrow? Watch

Announcements

My attendance is 89% which is really bad
    My school is really pissed off with me about it and I got ill on Monday night after getting it off my cousins who came over.
    I went in today even though I was sick because it's only a cold I think but now I feel really bad, and I'm shivering and I've got a fever and can't go to sleep because my nose is runny and blocked at the same time:cry:

Should I take tomorrow off or go in and sit in the medical room? I'm scared because my sister got sick at the same time as me as well but she ended up vomiting in class today and had to be sent home and I don't wanna vomit in class.

ReputationRep:
    Dont go and get a sick note from the doc. They cant punish you for being ill ffs

ReputationRep:
    Is 89% really that bad? Stay in, take meds, go to school the day after...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you are ill, I'd say don't go in and since when is 89% bad?? Also, if it's contagious you'll probably infect other students who will then also have to take the time off and it's really difficult to concentrate when you're sick as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My school is really pissed off with me about it and I got ill on Monday night after getting it off my cousins who came over.
    I went in today even though I was sick because it's only a cold I think but now I feel really bad, and I'm shivering and I've got a fever and can't go to sleep because my nose is runny and blocked at the same time:cry:

Should I take tomorrow off or go in and sit in the medical room? I'm scared because my sister got sick at the same time as me as well but she ended up vomiting in class today and had to be sent home and I don't wanna vomit in class.
    You call that 'bad'? I think mine was 60 or 70 something. Don't go if you're ill.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine just text your friends and get the work you missed out on. As long as you catch up they can't really say anything.
    • TSR Support Team

You cannot go in if you are ill like this, long as you phone in then I can't see where the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely do not go in. You'll pass it to others. You'll feel too unwell to get anything out of being there.

If you're ill you're ill.

Ignore the attendance percentage. In the grand scheme of things it means naff all.

Thanks guys I'll just rest for a day (and maybe go in if I feel better in the afternoon)

(Original post by Blondie987)
    If you are ill, I'd say don't go in and since when is 89% bad?? Also, if it's contagious you'll probably infect other students who will then also have to take the time off and it's really difficult to concentrate when you're sick as well.
    Yeah that's true I dont wanna give it to everyone else

(Original post by Ciel.)
    You call that 'bad'? I think mine was 60 or 70 something. Don't go if you're ill.
    to our school anything below 96% is bad - so mine basically horrific and I'm treading on thin ice and might get kicked out
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Schools often won't want you in if you're at risk of vommiting and spreading illness. Call in sick (or get your parents to). Since your attendance is low get a doctors note as well. They can't punish you for being ill and usually evidenced illnesses get marked in a seperate way than unexplained absence so it won't mark down your percentage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    Dont go and get a sick note from the doc. They cant punish you for being ill ffs
    Don't waste your GP's time getting a sick note and risking infecting them. Just call in.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.