Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've used up 2 years of my funding, due to some personal reasons I failed 2nd year but I am re-sitting. I study Computer Science.

So I am going to uni in Sept to do 2nd yr, Industrial yr and 3rd yr.

If I do my Industrial placement year will i still have 1 year of funding left to do a PGCE year. To my knowledge industrial year you don't pay for the full tuition fees it's something like £1000?

If I am correct does this mean i'd have £8000 of tuition fee funding left so that I could do a PGCE after 3rd year?

Or will I have to choose whether I want to do PGCE or Placement?

Thanks in advance. :gthumb:
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

The PGCE course will be a separate course altogether and any teacher training courses are exempt from previous study rules, so long as you do not already have qualified teacher status.

You can still get full funding for the PGCE if the above is the case.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there.

The PGCE course will be a separate course altogether and any teacher training courses are exempt from previous study rules, so long as you do not already have qualified teacher status.

You can still get full funding for the PGCE if the above is the case.

Thanks.
    Hi thanks for your reply,

So to confirm, if I don't have QTS (which I don't), I can do my placement year and apply for funding for a PGCE course after graduating?

Thanks again,
    Tish
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi again

PGCE courses are exempt from equivalent study qualification and previous study rules if the course of Initial Teacher Training is less than 2 years and you do not already have QTS.Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: February 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.