The Student Room Group

No periods, vagina smells, no sex?

Warning: Somewhat detailed
Hello. I'm a 16 y/o girl. I've never had sexual intercourse, so pregnancy and STIs are out of the question.
I've had my period for 4 and a half years. My periods were fairly regular up until May 2015. From May-November they would come every other month. So:
May - no period
June - period
July - no period
etc, etc. Now, I haven't had my period since November (nearly 3 months). I also have a foul smelling vagina, but I wash with clean water. I sometimes get clear discharge too.

I went to my doctor today but there was a male medical student with her so I was too shy to say my vagina smelt, so just talked about the periods. All she said was to come back in 3 months if it hasn't come. Anybody have any ideas how to stop the smell in the meantime, or what it could be?
Honestly, just go back to your doctor. It might be a UTI.
It could be a bacterial infection and/or yeast. You need to get it seem to asap. Book an appointment, specify over the phone it's a sensitive matter and you don't want a medical student to be shadowing your GP and get some treatment for it.
The best thing you can do is go to your doctor. If you are getting burning or irritation when you urinate, lemon barley water and cranberry juice are a big help along with lots of water. It could be BV or yeast or a UTI. You could even call into your gum clinic if that would be easier than a doctors appointment.
Original post by Anonymous
Warning: Somewhat detailed
Hello. I'm a 16 y/o girl. I've never had sexual intercourse, so pregnancy and STIs are out of the question.
I've had my period for 4 and a half years. My periods were fairly regular up until May 2015. From May-November they would come every other month. So:
May - no period
June - period
July - no period
etc, etc. Now, I haven't had my period since November (nearly 3 months). I also have a foul smelling vagina, but I wash with clean water. I sometimes get clear discharge too.

I went to my doctor today but there was a male medical student with her so I was too shy to say my vagina smelt, so just talked about the periods. All she said was to come back in 3 months if it hasn't come. Anybody have any ideas how to stop the smell in the meantime, or what it could be?

I didn’t have periods when I was 16 for about 6 months... they came back every month.

Quick Reply

Latest