Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I love my followers more than I love my parents Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharkwhale1)
    One thing I gotta understand, what language is that? hindi???
    The first bit with me saying "oh maaro bhool" is Gujarati.
    The second bit in the inverted commas is Sanskrit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Lmao :rofl: over my dead body. As a compromise, how about I add you to my about me section on TSR? That way you're immortalised forever.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At least until i get banned anyway :lol:
    Chalo toh. Done!
    Maara aashirwaad chhe, that you won't get banned

Urdu
    :toofunny:
    Mate it was really Swahili

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Chalo toh. Done!
    Maara aashirwaad chhe, that you won't get banned

:toofunny:
    Mate it was really Swahili
    Tho cam theygyu. Kale hu maru about me bathlavis.

You joke, but growing up around Kenyan-Indians has left my Gujarati as a weird Gujarati-Swahili hybrid. Until recently i didn't even realise the word "Sani" (plate) was Swahili. God knows how many other Swahili words I have in my vocab :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Tho cam theygyu. Kale hu maru about me bathlavis.

You joke, but growing up around Kenyan-Indians has left my Gujarati as a weird Gujarati-Swahili hybrid. Until recently i didn't even realise the word "Sani" (plate) was Swahili. God knows how many other Swahili words I have in my vocab :lol:
    Cool, cool.

Same position here, mate. My family came to the UK from East Africa as well.

:nooo: Sani is Swahili?
    FML! Only just found out when you told me
    Bakudi is another one I didn't know until recently. And sufuryu :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Cool, cool.

Same position here, mate. My family came to the UK from East Africa as well.

:nooo: Sani is Swahili?
    FML! Only just found out when you told me
    Bakudi is another one I didn't know until recently. And sufuryu :facepalm2:
    I had no idea bakudi and sufuryu where either looool. Im going to be having some serious words with my parents about this misinformation. See? This is why i love my followers more

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea bakudi and sufuryu where either looool. Im going to be having some serious words with my parents about this misinformation. See? This is why i love my followers more
    Lmao, mate I've had that talk with my family and said, "ave toh shuddh Gujarati bolvanu chhe"

Can you imagine going to Gujarat then using all these Swahili words and the people over there are like "wtf is this gaandiyo saying?"
    Yeah, well that happened to me

That other Swahili-Gujarati vaara bhai of mine needs to come into this convo - spv

More RUDENESS :noway:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In all seriousness, although i may disagree with you on almost everything politically, I do really rate you as a poster. You seem extremely genuine and caring, especially on that new years thread. You seem like someone I'd want to be friends with irl
    I remember that NY thread and the offer is still there if you ever want to talk.

Also, thank you. I really don't know what to say to that, that's absolutely lovely. It's the same for you - I don't agree with a lot of the opinions you hold, but other than that, you seem like a lovely person.

And of course you would, everyone wants to be my friend. I'm hot friend commodity, dontcha know? :holmes: Being serious, though, I think you'd pretty cool to have, too! We can be TSR friends. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, mate I've had that talk with my family and said, "ave toh shuddh Gujarati bolvanu chhe"

Can you imagine going to Gujarat then using all these Swahili words and the people over there are like "wtf is this gaandiyo saying?"

That other Swahili-Gujarati vaara bhai of mine needs to come into this convo - spv
    Literally haven't understood any of yours and Zarga's conversation on this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    Literally haven't understood any of yours and Zarga's conversation on this thread
    :laugh: most people don't, so dw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Agreed on SeanFM and Matrix123, as well. Matrix is absolutely lovely and I don't think she could ever comprehend on how much of a positive impact her posts have on me (and TSR in general) - also, she loves Andy and I love anyone who loves Andy.
    Aww, thanks. I'm glad to have spoken to you on TSR. Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    i've just realized i'm not following either of you what the hell*

also, you two are part of why i love tsr so much.

*this has since been remedied
    Awwwwwww

Love you too:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Agreed on SeanFM and Matrix123, as well. Matrix is absolutely lovely and I don't think she could ever comprehend on how much of a positive impact her posts have on me (and TSR in general) - also, she loves Andy and I love anyone who loves Andy.

And @SeanFM ... well, it looks like he'll be earning a lot of money someday so I've gotta stay on his good side. :holmes: (Also, he's super lovely and kind and all that jazz. )

Also, you're gonna make me cry. :cry2: Same to you - you're so amazing and I'm half-convinced we're soulmates sometimes. :laugh: You did accept my marriage proposal, after all.

i'm using 'cry' from now on.

i don't know, 'delay what?' is in the beginnings of becoming a thing.

if i end up at edinburgh, you are both hanging out with me and that's that.
    Hehehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's just how I feel
    I have a pretty good relationship with them
    :lovehug:

ReputationRep:

Hahahaha their faces would've been priceless to see. :rofl: I dont like speaking gujarati around actual guju's because im pretty sure I speak really common/chavy gujarati. Also my pronounciation is probably way off at times and I occasionally screw up masculine/feminine words.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

And @SeanFM ... well, it looks like he'll be earning a lot of money someday so I've gotta stay on his good side. :holmes: (Also, he's super lovely and kind and all that jazz. )

Also, you're gonna make me cry. :cry2: Same to you - you're so amazing and I'm half-convinced we're soulmates sometimes. :laugh: You did accept my marriage proposal, after all.

i'm using 'cry' from now on.

i don't know, 'delay what?' is in the beginnings of becoming a thing.

if i end up at edinburgh, you are both hanging out with me and that's that.
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Awwwwwww!! It's only 2am and you have already made my day lol I didn't think to make a list but you are honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met! I love reading your posts and I'm extremely glad I signed up for this website (even though I spend a lot of my time on here that I should be using to study haha) just to have spoken to you EtherealNymph22, SeanFM, Matrix123 and so many others
    Aww, PRSOM. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha their faces would've been priceless to see. :rofl: I dont like speaking gujarati around actual guju's because im pretty sure I speak really common/chavy gujarati. Also my pronounciation is probably way off at times and I occasionally screw up masculine/feminine words.
    Same here man :sigh:

Not to mention I occasionally slip into Hinjarati (mix of Hindi and Gujarati)

And the addition of Swahili is just something else

Spoiler:
    Show
    Saw the addition in your About Me - I'll try to do what you said, doubt I'll be able to though :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    haha. I'm here. don't worry. Maru jingi ma motu vantoro aavigyu chhe, pariksha-swaroop ma. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    So, a chhela paanch divas thi shaant hato.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.