The Student Room Group

Last year of sixth form, aiming high A*AA

After coasting through my school life so far, my lack of effort finally caught up with me, and after getting straight A's at As level (and one C, but I'm resitting unit 2), I managed to get straight D's in my A-level mocks, which is simply not acceptable!

I've been trying to motivate myself for a few weeks now and I feel that writing this blog will really help. I plan to update this weekly, it will contain the work I plan to do each day for that week, and updates of progress from the previous weeks. I'm open to any constructive criticism and tips that could help me to improve even further, any help would be greatly appreciated.

My goals:

Increase my productivity and improve my work ethic.

Find the best way for me to revise.

Improve my grades enough to at least get into university, but hopefully to the best I can be.

My AS Grades

Physics (AQA): A

Maths (EDEXCEL): A

Chemistry (OCR): C

My Minimum target grades for University:

Physics (AQA): B

Maths (EDEXCEL): A

Chemistry (OCR): B

Aspirational target grades:

Physics (AQA): A

Maths (EDEXCEL): A*

Chemistry (OCR): A

I am starting this blog in the middle of the weeks, so my first update will be a bit lacking, but I'll be sure to pick it up from there.
Reply 1
Hey, I'm doing Chemistry A, I'll admit my revision skills re still not the best at the moment, which is one of the things I'm hoping to work on. I know personally one of the main reasons I did so badly in Chemistry is that I left my revision to the last minute, and tried to do it all myself, so this time I'm starting early, and seeking help wherever I can, that's just me though.
Reply 2
revision for (the remainder of) this week- Plan 1

Wednesday

Finish off given homework (maths and physics)

Complete a Maths C3 past paper (January 2014)

Complete a Physics Unit 4 past paper (June 2014)

Thursday

Read through and do questions on Module 1 of Chemistry F324

Complete a Maths C3 past paper (June 2011)

Friday

Read through and answer questions on Modules 2 and 3 of Chemistry F324

(If there is time) Complete a Chemistry F324 past paper (June 2014)

Very chemistry heavy, but it's the one I need the most work on, and have been neglecting a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending