Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Last year of sixth form, aiming high A*AA Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After coasting through my school life so far, my lack of effort finally caught up with me, and after getting straight A's at As level (and one C, but I'm resitting unit 2), I managed to get straight D's in my A-level mocks, which is simply not acceptable!

I've been trying to motivate myself for a few weeks now and I feel that writing this blog will really help. I plan to update this weekly, it will contain the work I plan to do each day for that week, and updates of progress from the previous weeks. I'm open to any constructive criticism and tips that could help me to improve even further, any help would be greatly appreciated.

My goals:
    • Increase my productivity and improve my work ethic.
    • Find the best way for me to revise.
    • Improve my grades enough to at least get into university, but hopefully to the best I can be.
    My AS Grades
    • Physics (AQA): A
    • Maths (EDEXCEL): A
    • Chemistry (OCR): C
    My Minimum target grades for University:
    • Physics (AQA): B
    • Maths (EDEXCEL): A
    • Chemistry (OCR): B

Aspirational target grades:
    • Physics (AQA): A
    • Maths (EDEXCEL): A*
    • Chemistry (OCR): A

I am starting this blog in the middle of the weeks, so my first update will be a bit lacking, but I'll be sure to pick it up from there.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Are you on ocr A or B? How do you plan on going from a c to an A because I'm in the same position :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Hey! Are you on ocr A or B? How do you plan on going from a c to an A because I'm in the same position :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I'm doing Chemistry A, I'll admit my revision skills re still not the best at the moment, which is one of the things I'm hoping to work on. I know personally one of the main reasons I did so badly in Chemistry is that I left my revision to the last minute, and tried to do it all myself, so this time I'm starting early, and seeking help wherever I can, that's just me though.

ReputationRep:
    revision for (the remainder of) this week- Plan 1

Wednesday
    • Finish off given homework (maths and physics)
    • Complete a Maths C3 past paper (January 2014)
    • Complete a Physics Unit 4 past paper (June 2014)
    Thursday
    • Read through and do questions on Module 1 of Chemistry F324
    • Complete a Maths C3 past paper (June 2011)
    Friday
    • Read through and answer questions on Modules 2 and 3 of Chemistry F324
    • (If there is time) Complete a Chemistry F324 past paper (June 2014)

Very chemistry heavy, but it's the one I need the most work on, and have been neglecting a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suiagg)
    Hey, I'm doing Chemistry A, I'll admit my revision skills re still not the best at the moment, which is one of the things I'm hoping to work on. I know personally one of the main reasons I did so badly in Chemistry is that I left my revision to the last minute, and tried to do it all myself, so this time I'm starting early, and seeking help wherever I can, that's just me though.
    I revised for f321 and the exam paper was harrrd. Didn't revise for f322 and got expected C's in both. You've inspired me so I think I may make a thread like this for myself. Thank you and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.