Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who Do you want as the next Tory leader ? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who do you want as the next tory party leader ?
    Osborne
    23.42%
    May
    6.31%
    Johnson ( Boris )
    40.54%
    Gove
    2.70%
    Morgan
    0%
    Fox
    4.50%
    Javid
    5.41%
    Hunt
    0%
    Other
    17.12%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Who do you want as the next leader of the conservative party ?

Lastest poll from http://www.conservativehome.com/thet...-goes-top.html

ReputationRep:
    whom

ReputationRep:
    Osborne.

Likeable, pragmatic, classical liberal.

Disagree with him on quite a lot, esp the economy but I think he's great. Im pretty sure my other favourite conservative Ken Clarke will nominate him too.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Osborne.

Disagree with him on quite a lot, esp the economy but I think he's great. Im pretty sure my other favourite conservative Ken Clarke will nominate him too.
    I Agree with Osborne on alot of things and im sure he will likely win the election . although i also think May will be a good leader and PM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I Agree with Osborne on alot of things and im sure he will likely win the election . although i also think May will be a good leader and PM
    I think he looks better with his Caesar hair cut. He's like a good looking Mr Burns! [Edit- Actually..that is one weird nose he has....]

Btw whose the Candidate with 2%?

Anyway- my preferences

Osborne: 1st
    Morgan: 2nd
    Gove 3rd

Theresa May is my least favorite by far.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I think he looks better with his Caesar hair cut. He's like a good looking Mr Burns! [Edit- Actually..that is one weird nose he has....]

Btw whose the Candidate with 2%?

Anyway- my preferences

Osborne: 1st
    Morgan: 2nd
    Gove 3rd

Theresa May is my least favorite by far.
    Jeremy Hunt ( Health Secretary )

I Think this one is better
    Spoiler:
    Show

My Order

1) Osborne
    2) May
    3) Hammond ( If he stands )
    3) Javid ( If Hammond does'nt stand )
    4) Hunt
    5) Fox
    6) Gove
    7) Morgan
    8) Boris

It looks likely if we vote to leave the EU May will win the election

ReputationRep:
    Osborne or Johnson.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Osborne or Johnson.
    As much as i love Bojo i don't think i would what him as leader

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think Jeremy Corbyn is more likely to be Prime Minister than Jeremy Hunt.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think Jeremy Corbyn is more likely to be Prime Minister than Jeremy Hunt.
    Yes i argee but if Osborne becomes leader than he is easily going to win in 2020

ReputationRep:
    Yes i argee but if Osborne becomes leader than he is easily going to win in 2020
    Providing the status quo is maintained (Which I believe it will).

But with economic uncertainty, a very divisive EU referendum (Which Osborne supports remaining IN) and of course who will be i the white house things are going to be unpredictable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Providing the status quo is maintained (Which I believe it will).

But with economic uncertainty, a very divisive EU referendum (Which Osborne supports remaining IN) and of course who will be i the white house things are going to be unpredictable.
    I Reckon the conservative party will win again in 2020 with either Osborne or May as PM . We can't trust Corybn with the economic or national security

ReputationRep:
    I Reckon the conservative party will win again in 2020 with either Osborne or May as PM . We can't trust Corybn with the economic or national security
    No, conservative strategy has moved on to the next stage:

its 'We can't trust Labour with the economic or national security'

I don't really buy it. My problems with Corbyn are more philosophical plus there's fact I think he and McDonnell are, for lack of a better word: Politically retarded.

Hopefully he will be booted out and we can reach an ideal synthesis of somebody with center left economic views and who is genuinely opposed to totalitarianism and fascism and not an appeasing relativist like Corbyn. Somebody like Hilary Benn, but who actually wants the job and untainted by New Labour.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Theresa May is likeable enough.

Michael Gove is talented but doesn't quite have the authority that is required.

Pretty certain it will be George Osborne or Sajid Javid.

Too soon for Jeremy Hunt. But he could easily be a future leader.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No, conservative strategy has moved on to the next stage:

its 'We can't trust Labour with the economic or national security'

I don't really buy it. My problems with Corbyn are more philosophical plus there's fact I think he and McDonnell are, for lack of a better word: Politically retarded.

Hopefully he will be booted out and we can reach an ideal synthesis of somebody with center left economic views and who is genuinely opposed to totalitarianism and fascism and not an appeasing relativist like Corbyn. Somebody like Hilary Benn, but who actually wants the job and untainted by New Labour.
    +

Ture . We can't trust labour full stop
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865;62300925[b)
    ]I don't think Theresa May is likeable enough. [/b]

Michael Gove is talented but doesn't quite have the authority that is required.

Pretty certain it will be George Osborne or Sajid Javid.

Too soon for Jeremy Hunt. But he could easily be a future leader.
    What is wrong with Thersa May ? i really dont understand whats wrong with her as leader

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with Thersa May ? i really dont understand whats wrong with her as leader

She would struggle to connect with the liberal voter.

Perhaps 20 years ago she would have been a perfect leader. Now I think Osborne or Javid would be less risky choices.

I guess it is a risk that could pay off.

I actually like her but clearly image is hugely important. Look at what happened to Miliband. I just don't feel she is marketable enough in today's more shallow society.

ReputationRep:
    Osborne.

Likable
    I'm what way is he likable?

ReputationRep:
    I actually think Corbyn will be gone by 2020..similar to IDS being ousted as leader.

If Corbyn does go will be interesting to see who labour will pick as leader going into the election
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I actually think Corbyn will be gone by 2020..similar to IDS being ousted as leader.

If Corbyn does go will be interesting to see who labour will pick as leader going into the election
    I reckon Burham or Benn would take over ..Its not if Corybn goes its when he goes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.