Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you recommend the Toshiba Chromebook 2? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to acquire a chromebook for uni to take to lectures and general portability. The chromebook I would like is the Toshiba.

The current version in the UK is the 2014 edition. (Not the newer 2015 one with the faster CPU and backlit keyboard)

Is it still worth getting the older model as that is the only on available?

I'd be looking to spend around £220 maximum, as I can find refurbished one hopefully at that price.

I'd generally be using it as a second PC to take notes, browse the web with multiple tabs, watch videos etc. My current laptop is a 6 year old pentium, so I'm not accustomed to the fastest speeds yet.

So will the 2014 be sufficient horsepower to do what I want?

Will the 2015 be released in the UK and is it worth waiting and will it be more than my budget?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownGuy)
    I'm looking to acquire a chromebook for uni to take to lectures and general portability. The chromebook I would like is the Toshiba.

The current version in the UK is the 2014 edition. (Not the newer 2015 one with the faster CPU and backlit keyboard)

Is it still worth getting the older model as that is the only on available?

I'd be looking to spend around £220 maximum, as I can find refurbished one hopefully at that price.

I'd generally be using it as a second PC to take notes, browse the web with multiple tabs, watch videos etc. My current laptop is a 6 year old pentium, so I'm not accustomed to the fastest speeds yet.

So will the 2014 be sufficient horsepower to do what I want?

Will the 2015 be released in the UK and is it worth waiting and will it be more than my budget?

Thanks!
    Would you be able to post the specs of the specific model so I can check it out?

I'm usually really against spending money on old laptops, but I'd like to see the specs if that's all you're using it for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Would you be able to post the specs of the specific model so I can check it out?

I'm usually really against spending money on old laptops, but I'd like to see the specs if that's all you're using it for
    Intel Celeron CPU, 4GB RAM, 1080p IPS display, 13,3"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownGuy)
    Intel Celeron CPU, 4GB RAM, 1080p IPS display, 13,3"
    That sounds fine

ReputationRep:
    Hey anyone, where can I buy the Toshiba Chrome Book 2?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. Well it looks good on paper it misses out on having a touch-screen and won't be able to take advantage of android apps. Even if you don't plan on doing so Google have a track record of abandoning their older lines for the latest things. I'd be worried the none touch-screen chromebooks will be left in the cold on updates sooner or later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.