Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need some help with a motivation letter :( Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey, can you tell me if I should add something or even delete from this letter? O it's too bad for sending to university?:/

I am keenly interested in acquiring theoretical knowledge and practical skills in media design and communication. Nowadays we live in a world where communication technologies are increasingly digital, interactive and global, so I have a huge desire to find out about media, visualization, interaction development, design and to fulfill my dream to work in multimedia or production companies and be able to contribute to the implementation, administration and maintenance of multimedia productions.
    There is a revolution in media which has been sweeping the advanced countries of all over the world in highly significant ways. To me it is a really exciting time that I want to be involved in, and through this statement I wish to show my personal drive, commitment and suitability to study this subject. I believe it is an incredibly exciting and empowering study where there will always be something new to learn. In my opinion, media design and communication studies are perfect opportunity to broaden your mind and develop your self-confidence. To me this is my first real step towards a career in the communication and media industries. After studies I am sure that I will get an amazing perspective of jobs where I could realize myself.
    Talking about my personality, I have been attending theater club for five years. This helped me a lot to get superb interpersonal skills which allow me to communicate effectively in oral or visual forms. Thereby, having to work in a team taught me not only to be flexible and tolerant but also how to calmly handle intensive situations when something happens unexpectedly. Moreover, it reinforced my features, such as: the ability to multi-task with efficiency; to be organized and punctual; and attentive to detail. I am very grateful for this theater club, which gave me all these traits which would help me a lot to study abroad and also have a career in this fast moving sector.
    As a foreigner, having lectures in English language would not be very difficult for me, because I have been studying this language for ten years at my school. To improve my speaking skills I take additional lessons and even have started learning Danish language basics by myself.
    The reason why I have chosen to study at your university is because you have a growing reputation in media studies. I feel your institution has the right mixture of academic professionalism, welcoming atmosphere and vibrant social scene that can help me to grow professionally and emotionally. I think, studies in Denmark will be a challenge to me which will test me as a personality. Though I am not afraid of this, because for me personally there is a lot of satisfaction to be gained from challenging yourself and then achieving.
    I believe that studies abroad will help me to gain valuable life experience. I would be very grateful indeed if you would consider my application to enroll on your media design and communication studies course, as I feel I have required traits to become a successful student.

Thankls a lot

ReputationRep:
    wow this sounds great! The only two things I would consider changing (but just my opinion) are:
    1) "Moreover, it reinforced my features, such as: the ability to multi-task with efficiency; to be organized and punctual; and attentive to detail."
    I would perhaps change 'features' to skills. Just seemed a little peculiar to me

2) "I think, studies in Denmark will be a challenge to me which will test me as a personality"
    Not sure if 'personality' is the right word here? maybe 'person' or 'individual'

Sounds great though!

ReputationRep:
    At first, thank you sooo much that you read so long text and of course for your opinion!

ReputationRep:
    I am keenly interested in acquiring theoretical knowledge and practical skills in media design and communication. In the modern society , we live in a world where communication technologies are increasingly digital, interactive and global, therefore I have a huge desire to find out about media, visualization, interaction development, design and to fulfill my dream to work in multimedia or production companies and be able to contribute to the implementation, administration and maintenance of multimedia productions.
    There is a revolution in media which has been sweeping into advanced countries all over the world in highly significant ways. To me , i believe it is a really exciting topic that I want to be involved in, and through this statement I wish to show my personal drive, commitment and suitability to study this subject. I believe it is an incredibly exciting and empowering study where there will always be something new to learn. In my opinion, media design and communication studies are perfect opportunities to broaden your mind and develop your self-confidence. It is a real step towards a career in the communication and media industries. After studies I am sure that I will get an amazing range of jobs where I could find my inner potential.
    Talking about my personality, I have been attending theater club for five years. This has helped me a lot to get superb interpersonal skills which allow me to communicate effectively in oral or visual forms. Thereby, having to work in a team taught me not only to be flexible and tolerant but also how to calmly handle intensive situations when something happens unexpectedly. Moreover, it reinforced my features, such as: the ability to multi-task with efficiency; to be organized and punctual; and attentive to detail. The theater club has been a great experience and has given me key traits which could help me a lot in the future studying abroad and also pursuing a career in this fast moving sector.
    As a foreigner, having lectures in English language would not be very difficult for me, because I have been studying this language for ten years at my school. To improve my speaking skills I take additional lessons and even have started learning Danish language basics by myself.
    The reason why I have chosen to study at your university is because you have a growing reputation in media studies. I feel your institution has the right mixture of academic professionalism, welcoming atmosphere and a vibrant social scene that can help me to grow professionally and emotionally. I think, studies in Denmark will be a challenge to me which will test me as a personality.However I am not afraid of this, because i believe there is a lot of satisfaction to be gained from challenging yourself and therefore achieving greatly.
    I believe that studies abroad will help me to gain valuable life experience. I would be very grateful indeed if you would consider my application for the media design and communication studies course, and hopefully pursue in a career with your help.
    king regards (your name)
    This letter or reference i must say is quite good but potentially can be improved. if you would like more help i am willing to write a new one all over again as long as you explain to me what course you want to proceed and why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giintaare)
    At first, thank you sooo much that you read so long text and of course for your opinion!

no worries!! Hope all goes well for you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.