Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Assessing my TC chances? Watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Tactical chunder
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glass14)
    So I just say what it was or what happened and explain its impact it had on me and how I overcame it? Would a 3 line answer be sufficient for example?

No - that's far too descriptive. However, mitigating circumstances are a very personal thing and how they are described and how much is disclosed is very much down to the individual concerned and the circumstances themselves.

Something like one of the following would be ok though:

Illness and on-going medical treatment between February and June 2015 impacted my academic performance, in particular my May 2015 examinations (Tort, Land and EU modules).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    When was your EC stuff?
    One of my EC stuff was over 3 years ago when I was in sixth form.... Can I not use an example from that experience in my application even though it's relevant to one of the firm's competency criteria?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glass14)
    One of my EC stuff was over 3 years ago when I was in sixth form.... Can I not use an example from that experience in my application even though it's relevant to one of the firm's competency criteria?
    You can still use it - there's no time limit on these things.

It is just important to show evidence from university as well. Firms will get applicants who were very active at school/college but do very little at uni. It just makes people question whether they are someone who really does keep themselves busy/takes responsibility if they only evidence of this was years ago/when they were at school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.