Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think happens when you are dead? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well good question... Basically... WHEN YOUR DEAD YOUR DEAD DICKSHIT!!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, my consciousness will cease to exist.

ReputationRep:
    You rot if you are buried

ReputationRep:
    You cease to be. Everything you are, everything you where stops and fades to black. Why do you think people made up religion? The true concept of death is pretty terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think there's an afterlife; whether that be through resurrection, reincarnation or perhaps even disembodied existence.

ReputationRep:
    You know how you can't remember anything before you were born? That.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I will find glory in Valhalla.

ReputationRep:
    Worms come and eat my eyeballs.. :eyeball:

:popout:

ReputationRep:
    You get drafted in to the skeleton war

ReputationRep:
    Your body will decompose.

Unless you've been donated for research or murdered by a cannibal, then your body/body parts are kept in a fridge/freezer.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Your heart stops and you stop breathing

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Most probably nothing. However, I would be pleasantly surprised if there were some sort of afterlife as long as it wasn't Hell or any kind of punishment.
    If the afterlife is anything like what biblical heaven is supposed to be like (constant, everlasting, praising of God and loads of holier than thou saints) then I think I might try my chances in hell...
    Or preferably no afterlife for me.

Edit: now that I think about it the after life described in Greek mythology sounds best for me As long as I'm a good person anyway.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oceansiz3)
    This is what I think too.

ReputationRep:
    you cease to exist. the same state you were in for billions of years before you were alive, you will be in for the rest of eternity. it's not like you just stare at black space for eternity you just don't exist anymore.

i also believe in the possibility of afterlife and a god and stuff (i'm agnostic) but i think eternal oblivion is the most likely event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oceansiz3)
    i agree with this. it just makes sense. people find it hard to get their head around the idea of just ceasing to exist, but you didn't exist before you were alive, so why should it be any different after you've lived. living is just temporary.

though i find it strange to think about the fact that i didn't exist before i was born. i know i didn't exist but then it's just strange to think about my own state of nonexistent - like how did i feel? but i just didn't feel or think or exist at all. it's mind-boggling.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    i agree with this. it just makes sense. people find it hard to get their head around the idea of just ceasing to exist, but you didn't exist before you were alive, so why should it be any different after you've lived. living is just temporary.

though i find it strange to think about the fact that i didn't exist before i was born. i know i didn't exist but then it's just strange to think about my own state of nonexistent - like how did i feel? but i just didn't feel or think or exist at all. it's mind-boggling.
    It even weirder to think you are a product of your parents having sex one night.

ReputationRep:
    72 virgins

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.