Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    I applied for Child Nursing at UCLAN but unfortunately I didn't get in. However, they gave me a conditional offer in Science with Honours in Sexual Health Studies but I'm not sure if I should accept it because I don't really know what its about and whether I'll enjoy it or not.
    Can anybody tell me what this course is about?
    Also can someone tell me what kind of career I do in with the degree?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aysha98)
    Hey Guys,
    I applied for Child Nursing at UCLAN but unfortunately I didn't get in. However, they gave me a conditional offer in Science with Honours in Sexual Health Studies but I'm not sure if I should accept it because I don't really know what its about and whether I'll enjoy it or not.
    Thanks
    Hey omg did you do the tests at UCLan? Can you let me know how the numeracy and literacy/nursing test is like?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks
    This may be useful for you.
    http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bsc_h...th_studies.php

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Congratulations on the offer for the alternate course!
    I have an upcoming interview at UCLAN for child nursing...
    Could you give me some tips/advice on the protocol
    For instance any particle aspects/topics i should go over and what questions could come up x
    aysha98

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie_09)
    Hi, Congratulations on the offer for the alternate course!
    I have an upcoming interview at UCLAN for child nursing...
    Could you give me some tips/advice on the protocol
    For instance any particle aspects/topics i should go over and what questions could come up x
    aysha98
    Hey Congratulations on getting the Interview!
    Umm firstly you should be confident - smile, shake hand ect...
    learn the proper roles of a nurse like what they do in a day (like the 6C)
    look up commen issues with nursing with the NHS in the news (you could get asked that)
    they might give to a scenario question so make show you know how to answer them
    make sure you know the course AND the university

hope that helps you xx

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! aysha98

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinn3verland)
    Hey omg did you do the tests at UCLan? Can you let me know how the numeracy and literacy/nursing test is like?
    how was the general knowledge and numeracy test?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks
    I notice no one has really helped with your course etc. If you really want to do nursing, I would recommend not doing that course as you probably wouldn't enjoy it. Many universities tend to offer a different course to unsuccessful applicants to help fill up their spaces and to also ensure they're getting money from somewhere!
    Look into the course and email to ask for further information to see if you'd enjoy it and what you could do afterwards. However, look at applying next year if this is what you want. And if you can, apply to 5 different universities to maximise your chances.
    Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    I notice no one has really helped with your course etc. If you really want to do nursing, I would recommend not doing that course as you probably wouldn't enjoy it. Many universities tend to offer a different course to unsuccessful applicants to help fill up their spaces and to also ensure they're getting money from somewhere!
    Look into the course and email to ask for further information to see if you'd enjoy it and what you could do afterwards. However, look at applying next year if this is what you want. And if you can, apply to 5 different universities to maximise your chances.
    Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the advice it really helped. so I've decided not to take up the offer because i really want to do nursing and know im gonna apply next year

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice it really helped. so I've decided not to take up the offer because i really want to do nursing and know im gonna apply next year
    Good luck for next year... Did they give you any feedback as to why you didn't get a place this year? Just make sure you use the next 12 months to work on whatever they may be and alter your personal statement accordingly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjp06)
    Good luck for next year... Did they give you any feedback as to why you didn't get a place this year? Just make sure you use the next 12 months to work on whatever they may be and alter your personal statement accordingly
    No i didn't give me any feedback...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.