Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl I like has stopped replying to my messages Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's hard not to think about messaging her though.
    I know, but if she's not replying you'll end up in a vicious cycle of messaging her and getting upset when she doesn't reply and messaging her again. I have experienced it where you keep messaging someone in the hope they reply and they don't and you think you look desperate so you send messages apologising for sending messages! Honestly, the best thing to do is just to swipe the chat and archive/delete it until she replies to you (if it's a Facebook chat).

Source: how most of my conversations with the opposite sex end!

(Original post by MaxReid)
    I know, but if she's not replying you'll end up in a vicious cycle of messaging her and getting upset when she doesn't reply and messaging her again. I have experienced it where you keep messaging someone in the hope they reply and they don't and you think you look desperate so you send messages apologising for sending messages! Honestly, the best thing to do is just to swipe the chat and archive/delete it until she replies to you (if it's a Facebook chat).

Source: how most of my conversations with the opposite sex end!
    So don't delete her off facebook just delete the chats?

ReputationRep:
    So don't delete her off facebook just delete the chats?
    Yeah delete the chats and if that doesn't put it out of your mind block her so it'll be harder for you to contact her if you get the urge to do so

Yeah delete the chats and if that doesn't put it out of your mind block her so it'll be harder for you to contact her if you get the urge to do so
    I did briefly think about deleting her but I know that as soon as I do she'd message me asking why I deleted her. So I'm in a vicious circle at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I did briefly think about deleting her but I know that as soon as I do she'd message me asking why I deleted her. So I'm in a vicious circle at the moment.
    If you blocked her she wouldn't be able to message you. I think maybe in this case blocking her until you forget about her is the best policy

If you blocked her she wouldn't be able to message you. I think maybe in this case blocking her until you forget about her is the best policy
    She would still be able to text me. I'm just really confused as to what I should do.

ReputationRep:
    She would still be able to text me. I'm just really confused as to what I should do.
    If she texted you wouldn't that count as replying to your messages. I suppose if you really want her attention you could get it by doing something like blocking her on Facebook. Maybe worth a try

If she texted you wouldn't that count as replying to your messages. I suppose if you really want her attention you could get it by doing something like blocking her on Facebook. Maybe worth a try
    That's why my head is in a mess, she's not replying to my messages so I'm thinking of deleting her off facebook but then she would text me asking why I've done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Rejection is better. Wasting someones time isnt cool
    Rejection is better yes. But many girls don't know this so they just ignore you to soften the blow.

ReputationRep:
    That's why my head is in a mess, she's not replying to my messages so I'm thinking of deleting her off facebook but then she would text me asking why I've done it.
    She isn't interested, she liked the attention you have her, now she has found someone else.

Just walk away, don't do anything silly like deleting her, it looks like you are hurt by her ignoring you.

Find another girl

ReputationRep:
    If she ignores your messages anyway why would she care if you blocked her?

If she ignores your messages anyway why would she care if you blocked her?
    True. She is totally messing with my head.

(Original post by freedom)
    She isn't interested, she liked the attention you have her, now she has found someone else.

Just walk away, don't do anything silly like deleting her, it looks like you are hurt by her ignoring you.

Find another girl
    But then what do I do when I walk away and she starts talking to me again?

ReputationRep:
    But then what do I do when I walk away and she starts talking to me again?
    have you ever asked her out? Been out one on one?

If she talks to you ignore her, if she then messages you again, then you reply.
    This time don't be a little pussy and be just a texting buddy or else the same thing will happen.

You must understand this, girls enjoy getting lots of messages from different guys, they will continue the conversation because it confirms that they are attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection is better yes. But many girls don't know this so they just ignore you to soften the blow.
    Which is far worse lol.

have you ever asked her out? Been out one on one?

If she talks to you ignore her, if she then messages you again, then you reply.
    This time don't be a little pussy and be just a texting buddy or else the same thing will happen.

You must understand this, girls enjoy getting lots of messages from different guys, they will continue the conversation because it confirms that they are attractive.
    We've been out a few times. But it's been difficult to meet up recently because of work and uni so were always busy.

So if she messages me again ignore it and wait for her to message me again before replying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Which is far worse lol.
    Only because they think it's better than outright rejection

ReputationRep:
    Same exact thing has happened to me this week, it's with me and this girl that I like, we've gone on like two dates so far (didn't really go that well due to various external reasons) and have been texting since new year, like proper texting. She asked me if I wanted to do something with her at hers and then after she'd cook me food, to which I said yes, and texted normally for it a bit, she then asked if I wanted to go out with her again like on actual nights out and I said yes again. I then had an idea on something we could do which I would enjoy, and I'm 100% sure she would have loved the idea as well but then she just stopped replying as soon as I asked her... I texted her on Saturday. Girls are ****ing weird... Just gotta take it how it is.

Although I am going to say this,I'm actually head over heels for this girl, but nonetheless she's not the only girl I'm texting and I'm sure as hell prob not the only guy she's texting..
    Take that how you will.

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation. Very sad now.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I know she gets my messages on Facebook because it says "seen" next to them. What should I do? Should I just walk away?
    Game over.

You should have asked to meet up a couple of times. Personally, I don't like to interact with girls over message all the time, there's only so much you can talk about. There's a chance that she got bored because you acted like a text buddy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.