clement345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently taking Maths, chemistry and history A-Levels as well as an EPQ and Physics AS. I am looking next year to take Economics AS Level next year. I was wondering if I were able to take economics at these unis:

- History and Economics (Oxford)
- Economics and Economics History (LSE)
- Economics (Queen Mary)
- Economics (Exeter)
- Economics (Southampton)

I do not take economics A-Level as I didn’t know what I wanted to do in Year 11 so I chose the A-Levels above. To show my interest in Economics I want to take AS Economics and do an EPQ and wider reading. I am predicted A*AA/AAA. Do you think I will have a chance at economics?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't need Economics A-level to get onto the degree so don't worry. I know Oxford want at least A*AA, not sure on LSE, may be worth a check. So if you can get predicted better it would be good.
clement345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
You don't need Economics A-level to get onto the degree so don't worry. I know Oxford want at least A*AA, not sure on LSE, may be worth a check. So if you can get predicted better it would be good.
I thought that the requirements for LSE was AAB and oxford was AAA? I know that most people however will be aiming higher than this.
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by clement345)
I thought that the requirements for LSE was AAB and oxford was AAA? I know that most people however will be aiming higher than this.
Ah you may be right. I think it was sciences that are now A*AA...
clement345
Rep:
?
Ah you may be right. I think it was sciences that are now A*AA...
Would I be at a disadvantage as most people have economics or will they look at me equally as everyone else
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by clement345)
From LSE's website:

Usual standard offer: For students taking three A levels: grades A* A A with an A* in Mathematics. For students taking four or more A levels: grades A*A A plus a pass in a fourth A level, with an A* in Mathematics. Students taking Further Mathematics to AS level only will be required to achieve grade A

And Oxford do ask for A*AA

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...and-management

I would try and get higher predictions if I were you
clement345
Rep:
?
From LSE's website:

Usual standard offer: For students taking three A levels: grades A* A A with an A* in Mathematics. For students taking four or more A levels: grades A*A A plus a pass in a fourth A level, with an A* in Mathematics. Students taking Further Mathematics to AS level only will be required to achieve grade A

And Oxford do ask for A*AA

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...and-management

I would try and get higher predictions if I were you
Ohh they are for Economics and economics management. I am looking at History and Economics at Oxford and Economics and Economic History at LSE:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...BSc_EcEcH.aspx

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...-and-economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads