Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone. I'm kinda new here so be nice lol.

I'm heavily into Iron Maiden (been a fan for about 2 years, now have all of their big albums - Brave New World, Dance Of Death, A Real Live Dead One, Live After Death, Iron Maiden, Killers, Number Of The Beast, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time, Powerslave, Piece Of Mind). Steve Harris (Maiden's bassist) is my idol. I can now play the trademark gallop rhythm at their studio speed and almost at their live speed. My favourite Maiden song has to be Hallowed Be Thy Name. It's a classic. Then The Trooper or Brave New World (the solo is one of the best I've heard - ever).

I am (obviously) as bassist. I own a Tanglewood Rebel 4K (wine red finish) and a Peavey Grind Bass BXP4, with a Zoom 607 FX pedal and a Hohner CD200B 35W amp. I'm currently looking for a band in the Colchester / Witham area to join or create. The main focus of the band will have to be Maiden, with some softer rock (Queen and the like) thrown in as well.

I am also a huge Queen fan. I've seen the musical We Will Rock You six times, met Brian May once (see my avatar), and hopefully I should be going again within the next few months. I've got over 1,000 posts on the WWRY Boards, and have a fan-site at www.wwry-london.co.uk (made myself). If I had to choose, my favourite Queen song has to be Who Wants To Live Forever or Don't Stop Me Now. Both are classics, WWTLF is so emotional whereas DSMN is so happy and fast.

I've done my bit, now what about you lot?

EDIT: Whoops. Just saw there's a music board. Sorry. Mods - move this if you wish lol

ReputationRep:
    Great, Queen! You mentioned the magic word - I have to reply! I like most rock, but Queen above all others. How many albums do you have? Which is your fave? I love Brian May's songwriting and '39 was my favourite for a long time - until I got Queen II and discovered March Of The Black Queen and My Fairy King, which I could play over and over but can't at the moment - exam distraction. >.<
    Do you go on Queenonline.com? Brian May rocks - his site too is so amusing ^_^ especially his Soapbox.

If you're a good patient person then i can think of my top 10 favourite songs to give you some idea of what i like, i think it would include queen, bon jovi, aerosmith and faith no more to give you some idea...

I think this is the wrong forum though, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Tis me lord - Yes, I know. I only reaslised once I'd posted. I'm new here you see lol.

Pikaboo - Unfortunately, I only own the Platinum Collection (GH I, II and III).

(Original post by Bass Dude)
    Tis me lord - Yes, I know. I only reaslised once I'd posted. I'm new here you see lol.
    Call me Ben, not tis_me_lord, and ok i'll let you off then, welcome to UKL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bass Dude)
    Pikaboo - Unfortunately, I only own the Platinum Collection (GH I, II and III).
    Oh - you're missing out! John Deacon does some fantastic bass lines on 'Keep Yourself Alive' and 'Liar' from the first Queen album, I'm not a bass player but even I can tell the good bits I'd recommend those if you haven't heard them already. I find the Greatest Hits a bit too poppy - fun but the real talent shows through in the less recognised songs.

ReputationRep:
    Im really into like hardcore rock, but im also into 1920's jazz, hugely!

(Original post by Everdawn)
    Im really into like hardcore rock, but im also into 1920's jazz, hugely!
    Oh dear, we have a slipknot fan, do we?

ReputationRep:
    I like modern stuff mainly, from fairly hard rock (but not the sort of stuff that you can't hear the words too), to pop-punk (not too pop though. I'm talking The Atari's and stuff as a limit), to indie-emo, and anything in between.

ReputationRep:
    What is hardcore rock really? Someone described Guns 'N' Roses as heavy rock but I didn't really think it was. I guess it's all a bit subjective :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Led Zep/Quen/Guns N Roses at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Oh dear, we have a slipknot fan, do we?
    I like some of their stuff, and some of their stuff is ****.

Im not prepared to go into Hardcore rock right now becuase to tel you the truth I can hardly keep my eyes open but I have to come up with a plot for a story concerning light for Q.C.S. (out exit score tests) practise tomorrow becuase the info leaked that the story would concern light, so im acting on it.

IM also into Led Zep, Carly Simon, Carole King, Janis Joplin, Black Sabbath, Blondie, The Who, etc... *head hits keyboard*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I like some of their stuff, and some of their stuff is ****.

Im not prepared to go into Hardcore rock right now becuase to tel you the truth I can hardly keep my eyes open but I have to come up with a plot for a story concerning light for Q.C.S. (out exit score tests) practise tomorrow becuase the info leaked that the story would concern light, so im acting on it.

IM also into Led Zep, Carly Simon, Carole King, Janis Joplin, Black Sabbath, Blondie, The Who, etc... *head hits keyboard*
    Good luck with your tests!
    I'm really gonna have to try Led Zep, there are so many Queen fans too who recommend them.

You syaing you don't know queen?

ReputationRep:
    You syaing you don't know queen?
    Who me? I'm a massive Queen fan! I'm saying I've heard hardly any of Led Zeppelin.

That's ok then, i only know one Led Zeppelin song, no prizes for guessing which one.

ReputationRep:
    That's ok then, i only know one Led Zeppelin song, no prizes for guessing which one.
    How The West Was Won is good introduction, you'll soon grow to think that Stariway was one of their fairly good but not great songs, my personal favourite is Black Dog though Achilles' last Stand is also great :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I like Indie and Rock, but I also like Folksy stuff like Alanis and Sheryl Crow.
    Other bands of note include Feeder, Finch, Muse, Lostprophets, Ash, Hell is for Heroes, and Thrice.
    Hate to say it, but I don't like Queen that much (ducks and runs away very fast). :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowStorm)
    Hate to say it, but I don't like Queen that much (ducks and runs away very fast). :eek:
    Not another one!
    Most of the non-fans I've come across only seem to know the songs by Queen that are my least favourite...oh well, they still rocked at Live Aid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Not another one!
    Most of the non-fans I've come across only seem to know the songs by Queen that are my least favourite...oh well, they still rocked at Live Aid!
    Nope, can't use that as an excuse. I have many friends who have forced me to sit down and listen to entire albums, collections, whathaveyou.
    The only song I can abide is Bohemian Rhapsody.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.