The Student Room Group

Is only 3 AS levels suffient enough for doing Law at University?

I'm currently in my first year of A levels, my college offered 4 AS levels for most people but I didn't pass my maths in the summer so they said I could only do 3 AS levels. Anyway, I passed my maths in November so now I'm focusing on just my 4 A levels. So far I'm doing relatively well with my end of unit tests being A's and B's but obviously most people are doing a 4th AS level so obviously universities are going to prefer them inevitably. However if I get exceptionally good grades will this really hinder my chances, I'm doing English Literature, History and Geography
Original post by ambermariemorgan
I'm currently in my first year of A levels, my college offered 4 AS levels for most people but I didn't pass my maths in the summer so they said I could only do 3 AS levels. Anyway, I passed my maths in November so now I'm focusing on just my 4 A levels. So far I'm doing relatively well with my end of unit tests being A's and B's but obviously most people are doing a 4th AS level so obviously universities are going to prefer them inevitably. However if I get exceptionally good grades will this really hinder my chances, I'm doing English Literature, History and Geography

Hi,

Doing 3 AS Levels (instead of 4) might hinder your application on some universities, but then again it's just a might, I don't know for sure what the entry requirements are for most universities. I suppose that what matters more are the actual grades, for example, if you can get A's and B's overall at the end of your AS year, then you'll still be in a strong position. If it is imperative that you do 4 AS Levels, you could do an AS alongside your A2's, and just carry the 4th subject to AS.

Hope things go well for you in the end :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest