Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dating multiple men Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    You have to go on multiple dates to get to know someone.
    If she's dating other guys, I don't want to get to know her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProteinSheikh)
    If she's dating other guys, I don't want to get to know her.
    Why would you care though? You barely know each other at this point and you are not exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    So what if she isn't 'exclusive'? If some girl who supposedly liked you and you liked her back, she wouldn't do something like that.

I mean the OP can do as she pleases, but that's my opinion on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you care though? You barely know each other at this point and you are not exclusive.
    It's my choice and I find it sleezy.

EDIT: I have a gf so none of it matters, but I can get laid pretty easily, I don't see why I should jump through a bunch of hoops and be played off against other men, when I could simply um not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProteinSheikh)
    It's my choice and I find it sleezy.
    You reek of insecurity.

ReputationRep:
    You reek of insecurity.
    K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    Is this frowned upon and regarded as cheating? I'm dating more than one person right now. I am obliged to tell my dates this?

Most men don't enjoy stirring another man's porridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    It wouldn't make a great deal of sense to drop something just because you're dating someone who doesn't want you to do a certain thing. Unless we are talking about being further down the line,then yes that does seem feasible but after one or two dates? Really?
    If, two dates in, I determined that a girl was really keen on me and/or really hoping for a long term relationship, and I wasn't feeling it at all/knew it would never last, I would do the decent thing, yes. Within a very short time I've set one or two girls up for major falls before now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    If, two dates in, I determined that a girl was really keen on me and/or really hoping for a long term relationship, and I wasn't feeling it at all/knew it would never last, I would do the decent thing, yes. Within a very short time I've set one or two girls up for major falls before now
    I think it's too early

ReputationRep:
    It's ok in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine as long as they know you're not exclusive. Most people I know go on dates with different people till they find someone they like. I wouldn't take tsr as an accurate representation of British people's views on dating, they tend to be more judgemental on here.

ReputationRep:
    Think of dating as a job interview:

- Just because you attend a job interview doesn't mean you've got or want the job. It's just showing you're interested and want to know more about the position etc.

- There are often several other candidates being interviewed for the same job.

- The interview process can involve several meetings before a decision is made.

- Nothing is official until you've signed the dotted line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRsteven)
    Think of dating as a job interview:

- Just because you attend a job interview doesn't mean you've got or want the job. It's just showing you're interested and want to know more about the position etc.

- There are often several other candidates being interviewed for the same job.

- The interview process can involve several meetings before a decision is made.

- Nothing is official until you've signed the dotted line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great analogy. This is how I view things

ReputationRep:
    Think this video came out at the right time for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7gY3K_TuIg

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if it's at first date stage... aka not really dating.... then no problem at all....

Second dates.... yeah still okay I suppose....

Third? Well by then usually you should of kissed them around about now.... and basically if you have kissed or had sex with someone, unless you have some kind of 'agreement', don't go messing about it's just plain wrong.

By 4th date time you most definitely should not be dating multiple people.

I understand with online dating you may need to be chatting and meeting up with multiple potential interests.... just don't go messing anybody about.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.