Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hellow everyone , well I applied for MSc in marketing sector and I got offers from Leeds (advertising and marketing) , bath ( marketing) Cranfield ( strategic marketing) MBS ( marketing) And strathclyde (international marketing) !!! I really like Leeds but I have been told and read that Cranfield is highly reputable and with strong industry connections! Manchester has not a CIM accreditation ! Any experience/ recommendations????
    Greetings from Greece

ReputationRep:
    I also got offers from Leeds and Cranfield. But I will choose Leeds over Cranfield. I heard that Cranfield is going to enlarge the class size this year. But this is not so important because Leeds always has a large intake.
    But personally, I found the course structure at Leeds more interesting.
    Cranfield's is good, comprehensive, but not very 'NOW'. I mean less focused on online marketing.

PS, I heard that MBS is very good.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to you too !!!
    I know , Leeds is more creative concerning the MA in advertising and marketing !! However Cranfield builds a strong reputation year by year and has also courses like finance for marketing , something which may be proved useful. It has also real life projects with companies!!!! MBS , strong reputation but theoretical enough !! And it is not CIM accredited!!!! What is your career goal ? Interested in which sector of the marketing ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korina92)
    Congrats to you too !!!
    I know , Leeds is more creative concerning the MA in advertising and marketing !! However Cranfield builds a strong reputation year by year and has also courses like finance for marketing , something which may be proved useful. It has also real life projects with companies!!!! MBS , strong reputation but theoretical enough !! And it is not CIM accredited!!!! What is your career goal ? Interested in which sector of the marketing ???
    I want to do more analytics job in the future. So learning new technologies/softwares is very important to me. Marketer in 3 years and then maybe data analyst. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    i am interested in advertising, communications and branding, the creative aspect of the marketing !!!!
    i know Leeds suits me more but whether i go to leeds/cranfield or not i won't kick-start my career as an advertiser. it needs years of work experience to do that !!!!!! so maybe it doesn't play such a crucial role the master's context!!!
    it such a stressful procedure the whole master thing !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i am interested in advertising, communications and branding, the creative aspect of the marketing !!!!
    i know Leeds suits me more but whether i go to leeds/cranfield or not i won't kick-start my career as an advertiser. it needs years of work experience to do that !!!!!! so maybe it doesn't play such a crucial role the master's context!!!
    it such a stressful procedure the whole master thing !!!!!
    I know. And it takes LONG time to finish the whole application, including time of waiting for the offers.

ReputationRep:
    Yes right !!!!
    As for the master, some people told me that reputation doesn't play a role whereas others told me the exact opposite ! I would like to work in UK since I am already going to be there !! :/
    Also, could you know anything about the CIM accreditation ???

ReputationRep:
    Yes right !!!!
    As for the master, some people told me that reputation doesn't play a role whereas others told me the exact opposite ! I would like to work in UK since I am already going to be there !! :/
    Also, could you know anything about the CIM accreditation ???
    I have only checked the official website once. It seems that not that many universities are accredited for that. But surprisingly, some not-so-well-reputatble universities have it. So.... Dunno whether it matters.

ReputationRep:
    Yes , that was exactly my thought !!! For example Cranfield and Leeds are but MBS is not! Or strathclyde !!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.