Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dropping out of 6th form Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I could really use some input. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop out of college soon, because we get treated awfully by the higher management/ SLT, and it's really detrimental to my mental and my physical health. I'm not sleeping, not eating, and I've gone from getting A*s to Es because of this. I'm fairly certain that another local college would accept me but right now I just feel like I need to get out.
    However, I'm still undecided, as there are a few things keeping me there, like a few of my teachers, who are amazing, plus the fear of leaving.
    I could really do with some help on this, anyone's past experiences or thoughts would be amazing
    thanks in advance!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlock1984)
    Hey guys, so I could really use some input. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop out of college soon, because we get treated awfully by the higher management/ SLT, and it's really detrimental to my mental and my physical health. I'm not sleeping, not eating, and I've gone from getting A*s to Es because of this. I'm fairly certain that another local college would accept me but right now I just feel like I need to get out.
    However, I'm still undecided, as there are a few things keeping me there, like a few of my teachers, who are amazing, plus the fear of leaving.
    I could really do with some help on this, anyone's past experiences or thoughts would be amazing
    thanks in advance!
    It doesn't sound like you're having a good time here. Based on what you have said, I would contact this other college and ask if you can transfer there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    It doesn't sound like you're having a good time here. Based on what you have said, I would contact this other college and ask if you can transfer there.
    Thank you for the reply! Yeah, I'm going to email them in the next few days, I think

ReputationRep:
    do it asap, you dont wait to wait any longer since most colleges even right now are not accepting ANYBODY ps can what sixth form you are currently going to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.