Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Liverpool University Accommodation - Prospect Point or Carnatic? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading so many different posts about Prospect Point and Carnatic and I was hoping someone who lives at that either of these or knows about them could help me?!!?

I like prospect point because I'm hoping to study biochemistry and apparently it's not very far from the science bit but I have also heard that it's unsociable..

And then Carnatic I've heard has an amazing social life but can be hassle to get to main campus and the foods not great?!

I'm not really fussed about the food or toilets because where ever you'll be everyone will be dealing with the same but I don't want to end up at prospect point and then be going out on my own but then I don't want to be too far away from my lectures and things because I'm a lazy s***

What do I do?!!??

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what Prospect Point even is lol but I live at Carnatic so I'll tell you about that.

So the rooms at Carnatic are basic, food is usually okay but there is the odd occasion when it's just utter crap. At breakfast there's always a full English on offer with yoghurt, toast and cereals and there's a coffee machine too. Dinner is a hot meal with a pudding like cake/yoghurt/fruit and you can have soup as well. It isn't thaat bad really. I mean as a student you're going to be eating bad anyway lol.

Social life at Carnatic is amazing, probably the best of all the uni accommodations. You meet so many people at meal times, last bus out to town, in the laundry room etc. I absolutely love that part of living here.

The drawbacks are: awkward food times and cycling for free (takes around 25 min) or paying £2/return for the bus or £400 (!!) for a bus pass for the year. I cycle and I enjoy it, but if you aren't planning to that is a lot of money ey.

Feel fee to PM me if you have any more questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.