Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scared to message her? Watch

Announcements

Title may be a little misleading, I'll explain.

Its more of a worry I have that by messaging her I will be irritating or bothering her with my efforts.

At the moment we speak every other day or so? When we actually talk we both get along fine, this kinda makes me want to talk to her more but then as I said above I'll worry about it?

Just wanted some opinions on this.

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it. Chances are she won't be bothered or else she wouldn't talk to you 'every other day or so' at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Title may be a little misleading, I'll explain.

Its more of a worry I have that by messaging her I will be irritating or bothering her with my efforts.

At the moment we speak every other day or so? When we actually talk we both get along fine, this kinda makes me want to talk to her more but then as I said above I'll worry about it?

Just wanted some opinions on this.
    why I think you should message her! she would probably like to hear from you and it's not like your distant... you talk so yeah, go for it! x

ReputationRep:
    Be more dog. Don't pester, bother, irritate, or bore girls, but don't be so wet and apologetic about wanting to get to know/get on them either :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Basically, don't carry the conversation - if she gives you very short responses like 'allright then' / just a smiley / 'yeah sure' you shouldn't beg the conversation, when given responses like that the best thing to do is either not reply or just send a smiley

Not replying helps at the begin because it shows her you're not gonna beg for a conversation, if you guys want a conversation she HAS to contribute too
    Just sending a smiley gives her the chance to either not reply/not continue the conversation because she could be doing something or genuinely doesn't want to talk atm OR reply and build on the conversation - if she does this she obv wants to talk to you

Talking everyday isn't good anyway unless you're in a relationship with her or just deep in the friendzone

Lastly, let her start the conversation sometimes, let her miss your attention (the way she'll miss your attention is if you are VERY FUNNY when you two chat)
    Good luck mate

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a backup dancer

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention - but dont want to edit - don't take a girl for your psychiatrist, when you talk to her you need to keep the topic interesting both for her and yourself

I got this mate who basically tells a girl ALL his inner feelings (all feelings are inner?) and I have nicknamed him 'king of friendzone' despite him being fairly good looking
    If she's hotter than you, YOU need to entertain her - if you're better looking let her do the work, she'll definetly message you as long as you are nice to speak too

ReputationRep:
    girls are weird
    you will never know what shes's thinking
    maybe she doesnt want to seem desperate to you...

leave it to fate and just do what you feel is right

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.