Difficult dilemma on what to drop for A2- Help needed

Watch
Hasanalm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I currently take Maths, History, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics and currently debating whether to drop Psychology or Philosophy and Ethics. I believe I am perfectly capable of getting A's in both but I must drop one and really want any opinions offered on what to drop. I must decide in the next 2 weeks on what drop as Psychology is a Linear subject thus I must be entered now if I were to only take the A-S exam. Here are the pros and cons of keeping Psychology or Philosophy and Ethics.

Keeping Psychology ( Linear)
Pros- Leaves me with a choice of dropping Maths If I were to fail maths at the end of A.s. Also, no exams during this year so I can focus on more important subjects.
Cons- It is Linear, therefore I will take all exams at the end of 2 years (More pressure for A2.

Keeping Philosophy and Ethics
Pros- 50% of overall grade will be done at the end of AS (Less stress for A2)
Cons-Take an AS Psychology exam this year so I would have less time to focus on more important subjects like Maths.

All opinions and advice appreciated, thank you very much!
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hasanalm)
I currently take Maths, History, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics and currently debating whether to drop Psychology or Philosophy and Ethics. I believe I am perfectly capable of getting A's in both but I must drop one and really want any opinions offered on what to drop. I must decide in the next 2 weeks on what drop as Psychology is a Linear subject thus I must be entered now if I were to only take the A-S exam. Here are the pros and cons of keeping Psychology or Philosophy and Ethics.

Keeping Psychology ( Linear)
Pros- Leaves me with a choice of dropping Maths If I were to fail maths at the end of A.s. Also, no exams during this year so I can focus on more important subjects.
Cons- It is Linear, therefore I will take all exams at the end of 2 years (More pressure for A2.

Keeping Philosophy and Ethics
Pros- 50% of overall grade will be done at the end of AS (Less stress for A2)
Cons-Take an AS Psychology exam this year so I would have less time to focus on more important subjects like Maths.

All opinions and advice appreciated, thank you very much!
Which subject do you enjoy more? Though if it were me I'd keep Psychology for sure - some unis class it as a science so it MIGHT benefit you more if you're planning on applying. I'm currently studying it at A2 (OCR) and love it, though it's very hard.

Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (8)
12.31%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
4.62%
I need help with my personal statement (28)
43.08%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (16)
24.62%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.08%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.62%

Watched Threads