The Student Room Group

Who's doing NCS this year?

Hey guys. So I've applied and paid for a place on NCS this year. Kind of felt like a missed opportunity as I didn't take it in Year 11, however I'm taking it this year. I'm sure the experience is going to be awesome and also it's a bonus as it contributes well to your personal statement and UCAS. Have you done NCS before? Share your experiences below. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

I want to. The people came to my school recently and made me fill out a form. I'm not sure if that was an application form or not so i'm wondering if im meant to sign up online (as well). But i really want to do it considering i didn't do DoE
Reply 2
I'm doing it from the 23rd of July to August 14th. From London, hope we can all be friends! Where are you guys doing it?
I did it, was really fun and adds to the cv, recommend it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SubZero~
Hey guys. So I've applied and paid for a place on NCS this year. Kind of felt like a missed opportunity as I didn't take it in Year 11, however I'm taking it this year. I'm sure the experience is going to be awesome and also it's a bonus as it contributes well to your personal statement and UCAS. Have you done NCS before? Share your experiences below. Thanks.

I've done it and it's great, was really fun, made friends and it helped with my personal development too (doing presentations, carrying out the campaign) :smile:

I would recommend, my only regret is that I didn't do the Summer one as it's longer. :moon:
I'm doing it this year:smile:
I did it two years ago and loved it!

Feel free to ask me anything about it :smile:
I'm doing the summer one. I paid yesterday and rang up today to ask what happens next. The guy said that it will take 5-7 working days for everything to be processed and then there will be a "meet and greet" session or something. I originally gave in the form when two reps came into school to talk to us but then one of my friends asked me whether I'd signed up and stuff. I signed up and paid on the site to make sure so.
Reply 8
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I did it two years ago and loved it!

Feel free to ask me anything about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you do there? Did they give you a rucksack? Do you have to swim?
Original post by Wisdom2
Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you do there? Did they give you a rucksack? Do you have to swim?

Where I went, we did mountain climbing,camping,canoeing and waterfall climbing :smile: For mountain climbing they gave you a rucksack but tbh you should take a good sized bag :smile:

Nah you didn't. After the waterfall climbing, we canoed across a lake and then we swam in the lake for a bit. You had to wear that thing that helps you float so yeah haha.
Where I went, we did mountain climbing,camping,canoeing and waterfall climbing :smile: For mountain climbing they gave you a rucksack but tbh you should take a good sized bag :smile:

Nah you didn't. After the waterfall climbing, we canoed across a lake and then we swam in the lake for a bit. You had to wear that thing that helps you float so yeah haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a ton!!

Waterfall climbing? :O How??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wisdom2
I'm doing it from the 23rd of July to August 14th. From London, hope we can all be friends! Where are you guys doing it?

Which location are you doing?
Original post by eternalhinch
Which location are you doing?

I'm from North London
Harringey?
i am doing it this year :wink:
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
i am doing it this year :wink:

You're actually gonna do it?
Original post by Rhythmical
You're actually gonna do it?

yep why
yep why

Oh because you didn't want to in the end, I'm doing it but I really don't want to anymore. :frown:
Original post by Rhythmical
Oh because you didn't want to in the end, I'm doing it but I really don't want to anymore. :frown:

whyyyy youll meet me ;D
whyyyy youll meet me ;D

The chance of that happening is ridiculously slim, we don't even live anywhere near each other! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending