Turn on thread page Beta

Admission query. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Say I needed a CC, and I got an A or B and a D

Do you think I would still get in? Or would it depend on the Uni.
    Nottingham Trent by the way

Also the course is shown for ucas extra so it obviously isn't full yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary)
    Say I needed a CC, and I got an A or B and a D

Do you think I would still get in? Or would it depend on the Uni.
    Nottingham Trent by the way

Also the course is shown for ucas extra so it obviously isn't full yet.
    it would depend on the course, the subjects, the uni and other applicants- you'd have to ring the admissions tutor as soon as you got your grades and argue your way!

ReputationRep:
    I think it would depend. If one subject was specific to your course and they wanted you to get a C but you ended up with a D then they might not accept you, or if that was the subject you got an A or B in then they might be more lenient about the D in your other subject and let you in.

If neither subjects are really specific and you ended up with an A/B and D, put together with the fact it's on Extra then there's probably a good chance they'd still take you.

Argh I haven't been much help have I?

ReputationRep:
    No you have both helped.

One thing that always got me, was when I got my acceptance notice from UCAS it stated - 160 points.

That is two C's.

If I had a B and a D It would make 160 points, however the admissions secretary, when I emailed her a while ago talked in the frameset of a CC.

So is it CC or 160 points, and surely if my ucas offer was 160 points (all it said on the paper/ no conditions) then if I get 160 then I will get in, and the uni can't not let me?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, just what I wanted to hear

ReputationRep:
    If your offer on UCAS says 160 points with no other conditions then take that as your offer. If on results day you don't get CC but still have 160 but the uni is saying they won't accept you then argue this as your case. When you choose your firm offer it's a binding contract between you and the uni and if it says 160 points on it then they should have to accept you on 160 points.

Edit: I'm a bit slow today aren't I? *LoL* but anyways good luck with your results and I hope you get your points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Emmz-)
    If your offer on UCAS says 160 points with no other conditions then take that as your offer. If on results day you don't get CC but still have 160 but the uni is saying they won't accept you then argue this as your case. When you choose your firm offer it's a binding contract between you and the uni and if it says 160 points on it then they should have to accept you on 160 points.
    Yup thanks for replying.

ReputationRep:
    I needed BB for Genetics (back in 1995 ) and got AC. I still got accepted by my firm choice.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.