The Student Room Group

Is my dream trip about to be ruined?

I'm going to New York the week after next with a school group (not many pupils). I've been wanting to go since I wa a little girl an I am very excited. Hopefully the weather won't cancel any flights. However, I am going with two of my friends and we are the oldest going. These two friends are, I feel, closer to each other than me. When I am alone with just one they are nice to me but when the other comes along they immediately go into their own zone. Now I admit I am a bit jealous because one of these people I had an amazing friendship with but now I just feel sidelined. I have asked them about it, and one said they promise not too but the other said something along the lines of "I know I'm an ******* I can't help it" which is NOT an excuse but a little 'fight' later I dropped the conversation as it wasn't worth it. I had more confidence in my other friend however today at lunch I was completely ignored and left out and I felt hurt and alone even just at school. If it's like that even in school, what will it be like in a foreign country? Even at my birthday party they left me alone. I have such a good history with one and a rocky one with the other it's inpossible to just leave them. Plus I sit next to the one I'm closest too in most classes (the other friend has no classes with us).

I just don't know what I'll do of I'm ditched here!
a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

Lel
Stay together. None of you will know anyone but each other when you go on holiday.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Stay together. None of you will know anyone but each other when you go on holiday.

I should have mentioned this earlier but last year we went on a Disney trip together and they left me alone there too. I was stuck in te village on my first night and they didn't even feel bad at all. There WA even a rule to stay in threes but the moment I turned my back to pick up a mug she left me. I don't want this to happen in New York but I know it will
Original post by natashac99
I should have mentioned this earlier but last year we went on a Disney trip together and they left me alone there too. I was stuck in te village on my first night and they didn't even feel bad at all. There WA even a rule to stay in threes but the moment I turned my back to pick up a mug she left me. I don't want this to happen in New York but I know it will

Then they're leeching on you. The fact that they betray you, yet you still decide to be their friend, means they'll do it again. It's time for you to enjoy yourself :smile:
If anything ruins it I think ot will be your whinging. It NY ffs there is bit loads to do on your own!
Reply 6
Original post by earthworm
If anything ruins it I think ot will be your whinging. It NY ffs there is bit loads to do on your own!

Hey, id be happy to do stuff on my own, but we aren't allowed to leave groups of three
Reply 7
Original post by shawn_o1
Then they're leeching on you. The fact that they betray you, yet you still decide to be their friend, means they'll do it again. It's time for you to enjoy yourself :smile:

Thanks :smile: I know I shouldn't get pushed over so I guess it will be a kind of test for me to have a good time without silly stuff ruinin it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending